Assistant to the CEO
Movement Labs is a movement incubator and the leading peer-to-peer text political consultancy supporting progressives and grassroots activists nationwide. Our clients span both establishment and movement efforts, from senior Democratic Congressional leadership to Black Lives Matter.
At Movement Labs, our mission is to build a country that works for everyone. We combine data, technology and experimental methods with an army of passionate volunteers to build power. We use peer-to-peer texting to help grassroots organizing, recruit candidates to run for office, and help those candidates win. We look for opportunities to work in red and rural areas, and with communities that have too often been ignored.
This job is for you if you’re quick, confident, and coachable. You’re filled with a burning desire to stop fascism. You love the idea of being a crucial team-member at Movement Labs, directing the attention of senior leadership. You are obsessively organized and during fast-paced meetings quickly take down notes on action items and decisions, flagging when more specificity is needed. You’re a fast study with new material and comfortable with Excel and Powerpoint. You’re efficient and happy getting any task done. You’re unrelentingly positive while being willing to hold those around you accountable for agreements.
Scheduling is strategy, so you’ll help organize the CEO’s time – detailing goals, to-do’s, scheduling and other administrative work as needed. You’ll support potential client outreach by reaching out to high level leaders of progressive organizations. You’ll drive special projects forward and help our interns to execute research assignments. You’ll make sure that the information and relationships that come into the CEO’s brain are integrated into the organization. You may find and coordinate with consultants to manage new projects.
- Track CEO commitments, goals, projects, tasks and deadlines
- Organize and coordinate sales outreach and external relations efforts for the CEO with major progressive organizations and government agencies
- Drive completion of special projects for the CEO and coordinate intern research assignments
- Identify and coordinate with consultants on specific projects
- Work on smaller client projects that require rapid response client management
- Maintain and manage customer relationship management activities for the CEO using Copper CRM, including updating contacts, accounts, opportunities, leads and developing reports.
- Experience communicating in a professional setting required
- Google suite background, including sheets and powerpoint experience required
- Experience performing in fast-paced, high expectation environments required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience supporting leadership, including scheduling preferred
- Exposure to Movement Labs’ work strongly preferred
- Exceptional academic background or experience with consulting firms preferred
- Experience with CRM management preferred
- Passionate about Movement Labs which aims to build progress by building local power in marginalized communities
- Well organized, detail-oriented and able to multitask
- BA or equivalent preferred, but not required
This role is a full-time position with access to benefits, including healthcare, dental and vision plans, with an annual salary of $50,000- 60,000, depending on experience. Movement Labs also offers a 401k plan, a technology stipend, and paid vacation time. This position is entirely remote.