Associate Product Manager | Remotive.com
Squadcast is an incident-management platform for software teams of all sizes and shapes. We are democratizing SRE for all companies.
Our product helps global organizations adopt Site Reliability Engineering practices to improve their incident resolution metrics and ultimately, the reliability of their systems. If you’re excited about engaging user experiences, snappy interfaces, and trustworthy systems, we should talk!
We ideate fast, embrace change, and take risks. From scaling our business model to expanding our offerings, the day-to-day at Squadcast offers endless professional growth opportunities.
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for working closely with the Product Managers to plan and execute throughout the product life-cycle. You will be responsible for owning the entire lifecycle of the features under your ownership from ideating & defining initial requirements to user acceptance testing, defining & tracking success and maintenance post-release. This is an entry-level role and as you grow, you will be working closely with the senior team members to venture into a PM role.
APMs at Squadcast are leaders in the making who plan and deliver on complex product goals; your ability to think big while focusing on constant execution will be admired.
What will you own?
- Create well-defined PRDs and lead PRD groomings with the Development and QA teams to ensure the knowledge transfer of requirements is seamless and crystal clear
- Define and measure key performance indicators (KPIs) and product metrics to hypothesize & validate the success of a delivered feature
- Manage stakeholders across cross-functional teams – like engineering, design, sales and business development – to iterate and deliver defined features to completion
- Solve ambiguous large-scale problems by translating product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements aka epics and user stories
- Represent the customer perspective in engineering design decisions and managing expectations on both sides for feasible deliverables
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership on status, risks and change control
- Manage the product development process from conception through design, development, release and iteration along with others in your team
- Ensure that product decisions are based on strong logical rigor and in-depth analysis, and value data over opinions
What do you need?
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience in product management in a B2B / any SaaS environment
- Demonstrated ability to work from ambiguous problem statements to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line
- Track record of successfully launching new products and features working with various teams from Engineering, other product managers, Product Marketing, Legal, etc.
- Experience defining projects, understanding and representing customer requirements, writing detailed functional and test specifications, coordinating efforts to scope, schedule, and deploy new features sets
- Proven ability to handle communication at both an executive and engineering level
- Experience working in a development environment that is fast paced and result focused
- Be comfortable with remote work. We have a geographically dispersed team and the cross-functional nature of the job will demand you to succeed well in a remote set-up
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly through workflows, feature descriptions etc.
Nice to Haves:
Why? We’re building a developer tool and we’re all about user empathy. Having the below brings you closer to the problems we’re solving. This makes it easier to be the voice of reason during trade-off discussions.
- 1-2 years of work experience as a Software Engineer/one or more of the following:
- If not a prior software engineer, 1-2 years experience in a customer facing role (like sales / support / technical marketing)
- Relevant experience of working on/extensively with developer tools
- Experience working with Project Management tools like JIRA & Figma
- Experience working closely with support teams
- Should have built something on the web – could be integrations, web apps or managed IT infrastructure on AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI, Digital Ocean etc.
- Should be familiar with or worked with APIs, databases, SQL, scripting, etc.
- Good understanding, experience and curiosity about the recent enterprise technology trends in the domain of cloud, SRE, devops, observability, on-call and incident management and response
How can you succeed?
- Be user obsessed; we have a diverse set of users and you should be on constant lookout to find pain points and solve them ground up
- Be curious; the Dev Tools space is vast and dynamic. It’s important to stay on top of industry trends to understand the “why” and “how” of successes
- Be able to build structure out of ambiguity; we’re a growth stage start-up and our aim is to bring structure to problems we encounter. You’ll be at the center of this
- Have great communications skills; you should be able to articulate challenges, communicate deadlines and updates to any stakeholder and drive delivery
- Be an owner; you will be responsible for driving delivery and adoption of your features and your incessant drive to execute efficiently will define the success of the organization
- Be a people person; product is a people-heavy function. It’s important that you are comfortable interacting with people across the organization to deliver the best results
- Be initiative driven; we’re solving a bunch of really interesting problems. Your initiative to help in areas that interest you is a big win for both you and the organization
Be reliable; much like the product itself, we want to build a reliable team of stellar folks who can take our plans forward