Associate, Talent: optimising for scalability & growth
THE ROLE OF TALENT AT DSV
We recruit and work with some of the most brilliant, devoted and impact-driven people you’ll ever meet, working on challenges that threaten our existence on this planet – from chronic and often terminal diseases like cancer to destructive agricultural and energy production practices that accelerate climate change, and loss of biodiversity. Finding, engaging and developing scientists into leaders of world-changing companies is at the heart of what we do at DSV.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Associate in Talent, you’ll work closely with the Associate Director for Talent, to ensure that DSV’s “talent engine” runs smoothly optimising for scalability and growth, paying particular attention to enhancing team welfare 🙂
We’ll rely on you to:
- Work collaboratively with our Associates and Founders in Residence across Climate, Agri, Pharma and Computation sectors to support their talent acquisition targets;
- Develop resources/tools/processes to streamline activities across the entire talent acquisition process at DSV;
- Design and implement strategies to improve learning and development (L&D) outcomes for Founders actively recruiting cofounders and first hires;
- Look after the onboarding process of new team members joining DSV including contracts, induction and activities designed to facilitate integration within the company;
- Look after core HR activities such as organising a range of company events (~10 per year), reviewing and updating existing contracts (as needed), assist in payroll preparation and execution, coordinating individual performance reviews and L&D activities; and
- Identify opportunities and assess improvements to performance management, team experience and work with senior leadership to develop, and implement lasting solutions.
This role is best suited for someone who is highly empathetic, communicative, extremely well organised with attention to detail, striving for continuous improvement of what’s considered best practice – you want to make the work environment the best it can be for yourself and for others, and take ownership in development of new ideas.
You should be fascinated by the endless possibilities of translating scientific knowledge into tech solutions and the journey science entrepreneurs undertake to solve urgent, existential problems facing humanity through venture.
Other than that, you’ll likely have some experience working with startups/early-stage founders and/or experience in talent acquisition, L&D management or coaching. Good working knowledge of employment contracts and comfort with data analytics are a plus.
Above all, our values will deeply resonate with you and you’ll be able to share examples of your past work to demonstrate it.
- Competitive salary and a range of performance incentives for role progression;
- Flexible working environment (remote or hybrid) and generous holiday allowance;
- Working with some of the most ambitious and impact-driven individuals you’ll ever meet;
- Being part of building the next generation of ventures solving for human and planetary outcomes.
Deep Science Ventures (DSV) is a venture creator, combining available scientific knowledge and founder-type scientists into high-impact ventures, to build a future where both humans and the planet thrive.
DSV operates in 4 sectors: Agriculture, Climate, Pharmaceuticals and Computation tackling the challenges defining those areas by taking a first-principles approach and partnering with leading institutions.
Visit dsv.io/team and dsv.io/content to learn more 😉