Business Analyst | Remotive.com
Making Mobility Seamless
Vix is a global leader in automated fare collection, transit information and transit analytics solutions. Trusted by over 200 city and regional transport authorities around the world, we have been driving change in fare collection for over 35 years.
We offer a genuinely flexible working environment – customer outcomes and commitment to delivery is the focus at Vix. Work from the office, work from home, work from the local café – you’ll be able to manage your personal and professional commitments seamlessly at Vix. In fact, HRD gave Vix the excellence award in 2021 for our MyFlex program.
Find out more about your new workplace here!
We are hiring for a Business Analyst in this newly created role to join our North America Strategic Sales team. You’ll be supporting the success of Vix’s North American Intelligent Transport Systems Business (ITS) and Transit Fare Collection sales teams to achieve business objectives. You’ll work closely with external customers and Vix Product Development teams, capturing and translating customer requirements to implementation of ready business and technical systems.
We are a global organisation at Vix – embracing the strength that individual diversity brings to the collective. Bring your individual orientation, cultural heritage and distinctive thinking and experience – we want to hear from you!
Often, people only apply if they think they’ll meet every requirement for a role; however, our approach is to hire for behaviours, growth and capability, alongside experience and merit. So, if you think you have what it takes, but you don’t meet every single requirement please don’t hesitate to apply. #connectingpeopleandplaces
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting design and implementation of solutions that are ‘fit for purpose’ for business requirements.
- Conducting business strategic analyses that include deep dive, detailed specifications that are tracked and requirements linked to business cases/ contracts.
- Gaining a clear understanding of technical and business solutions within Vix’s target market and context, influencing customers to align requirements within the Vix solution set
- Anticipating Vix business needs and identifies key stakeholders that will be impacted by a proposed initiative or business need, and conducts stakeholder analysis as appropriate.
- Demonstrating various concepts and terminologies, including highly technical content, and expresses them in a clear and concise manner.
- Developing requirement specifications, business cases, functional specifications, process models and transition models.
- Providing requirements specifications in a form suitable for use by Agile hardware/software development scrum teams
- Review and elicit requirements using various methods, including but not limited to interviews, document review, requirements workshops, surveys and teleconferences, and document accordingly.
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with the processes and procedures ascribed by the Vix PACE (Agile) Development and Project Delivery framework
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- Highly energetic with a positive attitude
- Must be able to work productively both in collaboration with other Vix teams, and autonomously as required
- Consistent record of delivering work to strict time deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders, including technical and non-technical persons
- Responsible and organised, with a logical thought process
- A pragmatic approach to solving ‘real world’ business process problems
- Great attention to detail
What you’ll bring:
- Excellent written, verbal communication and articulation skills
- Bachelor degree in Business, Computer Science or Engineering (or other related discipline)
- Experience in project delivery with broad technical background to quickly understand technical solutions and customer requests
- Extensive experience developing and documenting solution requirements
- Demonstrated experience (3+ years) in Technical Analyst or Business Analyst role
- Ability to understand complex situations, with an analytical problem solving approach
- Ability to translate vague and competing requirements into a clear, concise and consistent set of system requirements
- The ability to solve complex problems with practical and innovative solutions
Desirable (these attributes and experience would be highly regarded):
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Modelling (TOGAF), Software Design, and Requirements Traceability
- Agile certifications
- Qualification in cloud technologies
- Security related qualification
- Software development experience
- Experience in cloud-based systems and deployment methods
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of security standards
What’s in it for you?
Besides the opportunity to work for a global company that is customer and people focused, we offer:
- An award-winning flexible working culture with a truly flexible working environment –– we don’t get hung up on location, we are interested in achieving outcomes for and delivering to our customers
- A focus on learning and development – we have a sleek onboarding and L&D platform – get up to speed quickly and continue learning on your Vix journey
- Competitive salary
- Free medical/dental/vision for employees
- 401k match
- 14 paid holidays, 23 paid days off per year
- Fully reimbursed transit benefits
Sounds good? Then apply now. Get on board here!
Add your resume and anything else to showcase why you would be a great addition to our team. Unless otherwise stated, we regret that this position is only available to people with eligible working rights for the United States, and currently residing in the United States.
No recruitment agencies, please! We won’t accept any introductions.
Vix Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all people and want to build a workforce as diverse as the community we serve. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realise their full potential.