Client Success Manager at Drips
Drips enables enterprises to connect with consumers through an AI-powered conversational outreach strategy that includes human-like two-way texting, scheduled calling and voicemail messages. Backed by a proprietary natural language processing model, our platform has handled over half a billion humanized conversations to date, enabling us to deliver automation at a scale that no other competitor in the messaging industry has been able to match. That’s why we’re the platform of choice for some of the world’s most recognizable enterprises.
Drips’ focus on empowering enterprises to capture intent and drive meaningful conversations has sparked rapid growth since the company was founded in 2016. Drips nearly tripled 2019 sales in 2021. We are well funded and looking to accelerate the next era of growth and expansion of our team.
However, we’re more than just a high-growth company; we’re also a community. Even though we work remotely, we still embrace the core values that help us achieve personal growth. Every member of the Drips team has a direct impact on our company! If you want to love the product you work on, solve hard problems, and grow your career — we want to talk with you!
The Client Success Manager (CSM) works with mid-to-large enterprise accounts across various industries. The CSM’s role is to establish themselves as a trusted advisor to drive successful client experience and support renewal and growth. The ideal candidate for this role is determined to lead Drips clients to achieve the success metrics laid out for each campaign and address various business challenges through use of Drips campaigns. They are primarily responsible for leading the day-to-day client communication across their portfolio and delivering insightful performance reporting and analysis. They will engage in some performance troubleshooting, while appropriately delegating deeper investigations. In addition, the CSM must execute these job responsibilities within the framework of Drips Core Values. Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The Client Success Manager role can be broken down into three key areas. Those key areas and the related responsibilities include:
Campaign Performance Strategy & Insights
- Become an expert at the strategy and best practices for a Drips campaign – how to guide clients towards high-value campaigns and the key pieces of the campaign to analyze for performance and strategic insights. Utilize internal tools such as Salesforce and Tableau to thoroughly understand campaign performance trends.
- Gather required information & strategy for New Campaigns (Projects). Guide your clients to establish realistic goals and success measures for Drips campaigns.
- Utilize Salesforce Cases to communicate design requirements to Production team for setup.
- Lead campaign design planning & review with client for approval.
- Own delivery of recurring performance reporting for client campaigns. Determine meaningful performance trend insights and optimization recommendations, partnering with a Client Success Associate to provide you with supplemental performance details.
- Own the day-to-day client-facing communication for Accounts in your portfolio, and build relationships across the client organization (business and IT/technical stakeholders). Adhere to Response Time SLAs in-line with Client Account Tier. Manage delegation of client requests and investigations as appropriate to Client Insights, Production, or Product/QA teams.
- Lead recurring client performance calls (weekly, biweekly, monthly depending on Client Tier).
- Participate in & lead prep with Account Manager for recurring Monthly Strategic Calls & QBRs.
- Act as the voice of the client internally to advocate customer’s needs.
- Current-Month Revenue Forecasting – Own the updates to current-month forecast projections, based on a solid understanding of expected growth or contraction of your account’s current campaigns.
- Client Health – review Client Health scoring on a weekly basis for all Accounts. Lead adjusting or escalating changes. Partner with Account Manager for alignment on scoring.
- Be aware of the client’s business goals, objectives, and changes within the client organization to identify expansion opportunities and to proactively address any challenges that might impact the use of our solution.
Client Health & Risk Management
Profile for Success in this Role
- Friendly, flexible, and comfortable working with a variety of internal teams across Sales, Operations, and Product Development.
- Detail-oriented and committed to solving client problems.
- An articulate communicator who doesn’t shy away from a challenge.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and ever-changing startup software company environment in which process is constantly developing.
- A positive can-do attitude in a culture that prides itself on the belief that we are stronger together.
- A team player with patience for ambiguity.
- Eager to contribute & not afraid to ask questions.
- At least 4 years of experience as an Enterprise CSM or Enterprise Project Manager (client-facing), delivering managed service strongly preferred.
- Adept with Microsoft Office suite. Fast learner of software (Salesforce, Tableau). Experience or comfort with using Microsoft Teams and other messenger services to communicate.
- Comfortable translating complex ideas and issues to an uninformed audience. Must be able to translate data into actionable business insights related to clients’ business goals and strategy.
- Ability to manage and support tasks and due dates for multiple clients at once.
- Strong organizational skills. Keen ability to pay attention to the details.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills. Must be able to build comfortable and positive relationships with customer team members at varying levels, up to Executive level.
- Must be a self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team in a remote environment. Drips is a fully remote work environment.
- Experience in affiliate marketing or lead generation space, marketing campaign management.
- Working knowledge of web-based SaaS products.
- Experience working in a growing tech company.
- Experience in a performance marketing environment
Drips Core Values
Drips core values are central to how each employee executes their role daily and exceeds. Below are how we exceed in each core value
Lean – We find the right mix between administration and simply doing things. Over complicating tasks can add time without providing benefit, however just doing things without a plan can add time when course correction is required. To exceed, we finish work in a timely manner while reviewing to make sure we are striking the right balance between the two. Implementing streamlining methods to existing processes ensure we evolve and stay lean.
Passion – Expressing passion daily is the desire to do the job but evolving in the job to expand beyond the base role and taking on additional projects and roles to help teams outside your own while maintaining your individual workload. Understanding that all of the activities we take are to enable our clients, and thus Drips as a whole to be successful. Asking the question, “How is what I am doing today, enabling the success of my teammates and my clients”
Happiness – Finding the balance in both your personal and work life. Participating in group and team activities as you see fit but understanding that life is about more than just coming into the office daily. Drips has telecommute possibility available, overall wellness programs and additional benefits that assist. True enthusiasm for what we do is essential but comes from understanding the business overall and how we fit into it.
Improve – Never accepting the status quo and being entrenched in a process or workflow. Finding ways to streamline and innovate while bringing those improvements to leadership. Improvement also means understanding the anticipated benefit and it improves our daily working experience, your teammates and Drips Clients overall.
Team – We support and assist our teammates, even if it is outside of our typical duties. We take on additional projects for their added value whether they impact your day to day work or not. Being part of a team involves being in close contact every day, respecting each other and the work we do is essential however to exceed in Team, we move outside of our direct team, to the company team as a whole and understand how we impact everything and the value we provide.