Copywriter | Remotive.com
We’re looking for a Copywriter to help our team write conversion-driven copy, brainstorm out-of-the-box ideas, and produce winning creative strategies. If you have a passion for consumer and product research and understand how to wield the power of words to move people to action — read on!
Who we are:
Put simply, Right Hook is a growth marketing agency — we work with eCommerce/DTC brands to drive their growth.
In 2017, we started out as a Facebook ad agency with a team of 4; and now we’re a global team of 80+ managing millions in marketing budget across multi-channel strategies: paid social (FB, Snapchat, TikTok & Pinterest), paid search + YouTube, visual creative, and email marketing.
While we’ve grown pretty fast, at our core, we’re still a startup that’s here to enjoy doing great work with great people; and we’re hella allergic to stuffy corporate BS.
We place our people at the core of our A-Player team culture — our team’s personal and professional growth matters a great deal to us. Cuz we know that A-Players only grow when surrounded by fellow A-Players.
We’re looking for someone who…
- Is a researcher first, super word-nerd second.
- Loves spending time digging into ecommerce brands and their competitors, reading reviews, and identifying benefits.
- Has a hunger to learn – about products, about brands, about consumers and their desires, interests, fears, and hopes. . . but mostly, about what converts.
- Is a chameleon of voice, able to switch from edgy, down-town slang to meet-the-parents polite at the drop of a hat
- Understands the marketing funnel and how to write hooks and angles accordingly
- Understands that being open to feedback and constructive criticism is vital to your growth as a professional
- Is a master of the English language and fastidious editor (in fact, you probably found 2 or 3 errors in this posting)
- Relishes a healthy challenge in a fast-paced environment
- Is self-driven, go-getter who thrives working autonomously
- Is allergic to stuffy corporate BS and workplace politics — we’re a transparent bunch who really value constructive candor
- Wants to do great work with great people that care about your growth — you’re passionate about learning and developing and you’re not stuck in only “your way of doing things”
For bonus points…
- You actually read the entirety of ads and subscribe to multiple email lists, merely to analyze strategy and admire the mastery of wording
- You suffer from major brand envy, and have an extensive collection of wordspiration
- Have read Break Through Advertising and can talk-the-talk + walk-the-walk.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Collaborate with clients, strategists, and creative team members to produce content for multiple brands.
- Research products, brands, consumers, and competitors
- Continuously bring new ideas and angles to the table
- Write engaging social media ad copy, email flows and campaigns
- Storyboard creative visual content
- Write case studies, white papers, and conversion-focused landing pages
- Follow copy briefs and strategist direction
- Organize and prioritize the management of several projects at a time
- Work with a team to put client success first and WOW them by going above and beyond what is required.
- Be part of a team that pushes you to grow personally and professionally
So, where to from here?
- You stumble across this job ad, or someone thinks of you when they read it and sends it your way
- You stalk Right Hook a little on our socials to see what we’re up to and you imagine what it could be like to join our team
- You apply by uploading a short introduction video (explainer below)
- You pour your heart and marketing wizardry into the written assessment.
- If you’re successful, we invite you for an interview.
- You get to meet our team, and you vibe hard with the Right Hook Culture
- If you’re the one – we welcome you into our team. We teach you what we know and learn from you too
- You tell all your friends and family about the cool work you’re doing and how you’re truly making your mark here.
If working with the top marketing minds in the world and stretching your creative muscles writing for dozens of ecommerce brands sounds like the job of your dreams, let’s make it your reality. We offer base salary starting at $50k (based on experience/track record – OTE $60k + after commissions). Whilst we’re HQ’ed in Brisbane, Australia, we’re primarily a remote company and have team members and offices all over the globe. So don’t let location stop you from applying with us – our diversity is what enables our greatness.