Country manager (Fintech Farm) | Remotive.com
About Fintech Farm
We are a UK fintech creating successful and profitable neobanks in emerging markets.
Our success builds upon a best-in-class product, customer experience, emotional engagement, viral marketing and unique credit decisioning expertise.
Our founding team had previously created a highly successful Eastern European neobank with a multi-million customer base. Our second neobank is Leobank in Azerbaijan. It started in October 2021 and also gained great momentum. We are looking to launch 2-3 new markets over the next 6–12 months in Africa, Central and South-Eastern Asia.
Why Fintech Farm is a great place to be
Our culture. Common sense rather than formal policies prevail in all what we do. For example, we don’t set a holiday allowance. Our offices are spread across London, Kyiv, and Dnipro and you could work remotely. Just do it the way it’s efficient for you.
Share options. We envisage several rounds of investments to support our growth plans and should become a unicorn in a few years down the road. We pay annual bonuses in the form of share options, so you will own a part of the business.
What you will be doing
As the Country Manager for Egypt, you will need to be hands-on, determined, and comfortable working in start-up mode.
You will be responsible for the overall success of the build and roll-out of consumer digital banking in your country.
Project-manage new market entries and partnership leads:
- searching and negotiating with a local bank partner;
- develop a business plan for market jointly with the local partner bank;
- run due diligence process;
- coordinate legal advisers to develop an optimal legal setup, negotiate terms and sign transaction documentation (term-sheets, partnership agreements).
You will also act as a general manager, working with key groups (including marketing, product, operations, compliance, risk, fraud, and finance) to ensure that the proposition and its delivery meets requirements:
- coordinating Neobank work streams;
- preparing reporting/presentations;
- preparing and controlling budgets;
- solving ad-hoc administrative tasks.
Who you are:
- a self-starter, who don’t take “No” as an answer, result-oriented, enjoy operating at speed, open and honest;
- high energy level and positive attitude;
- think structurally, enjoy solving problems.
- 10+ years of experience in business / retail bank;
- experience in launching new markets / working with international clients;
- sector experience in retail banking / financial technology / payments;
- preferably, experience in a start-up / fast-paced environment;
- well-connected and strong networking skill;
- excellent communication and presentation skills;
- fluent in English and preferably Russian / Ukrainian.
What we are offering:
- competitive salary negotiable depending on the candidate level;
- share options;
- we are still a start-up and more benefits are on the way.
You will report directly to the co-founders who are London-based. Our operating team (business leads, developers) are largely based in Ukraine, our partner banks are overseas and so you will be a vital bridge between these worlds.
If you are interested, please send your CV and a cover note outlining your motivation and suitability for the role to.