Customer Advocate I | Remotive.com
We’re Charlie and we exist to Make Work Better. We believe the best way to do this is by equipping progressive <100-person companies with effortless HR tools to deliberately craft a happy, high-performing culture every day.
We’re looking for a Customer Advocate to join our growing customer team – and help us to deliver world-class customer care, create delightful experiences and interactions, and retain our customers.
Come on and join us to make work better!
What is a Customer Advocate I?
We have a career progression framework that includes Individual Contributor (IC) and People Manager (PM) tracks. IC1 is a junior Customer Advocate, IC4 is a senior Customer Advocate, and IC levels 2 and 3 cover that middle area. With this role, we’re looking for a level 1.1 – 1.2 on the IC track.
In this role you will:
- Work as an agile team of 2 to manage all inbound support queries (via email and live chat) in line with customer SLA’s
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate support processes, to ensure customers are able to self-serve where possible
- Gather and report on feedback to increase our understanding of customer needs across the business (e.g. NPS, inbound live chat feedback, feature requests, churn feedback)
- Educate users on the value of CharlieHR and help them to get maximum value from our product, via demos and 1:1 customer calls
- Work collaboratively with other functions across the business in order to improve our customer experience
You must have:
- 1-2 years of customer support experience or similar, preferably within tech
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience using multiple channels of communication (e.g. live chat, email, phone)
- Empathy and the ability to build strong relationships, both internally and with customers
- Solid presentation skills – you can concisely and confidently articulate the value of our product
- An experimentation mindset – you’re not afraid to try new things, learn from them, and get “scrappy”
- A commercial awareness – you’re data driven
- Self-awareness and humility – you know that honest feedback is how you grow, and you’re not afraid to ask for help.
Let us know if you have: (all of these are desirable, but none are required)
- SaaS experience
- Background in HR/employee wellbeing tech
We will still consider applications even if you don’t meet every single one of the above requirements, so don’t be put off if you don’t match them absolutely perfectly!
This is a 12-month FTC maternity cover role. We cannot offer visa sponsorship and you must be able to work in the UK.
The Way We Work
How we’re crafting ownership, belonging and structured flexibility:
- A team of ~40 that genuinely enjoy spending time together, with regular in-person and remote events to foster connection
- 9 day fortnights — our adjusted work week. We have every other Friday off work and have a meeting-free Wednesday on the five-day weeks to give time for deep work
- Hybrid-first approach; we optimise for office and remote working to be valued equally, and to be equally valuable
- Live anywhere in the UK; we have 8 set days per year that we require the team to be together in our London office, but you have the flexibility to live anywhere in the UK
- 90 bookable “nomad working” days outside of the UK in any timezone each year
- No fixed working hours; you take ownership over how you get your work done
- An amazing office space in East London’s pet-friendly Second Home, and membership access to their wider London, Lisbon and LA locations.
- “Exploration days” when you can work on whatever across the company
- We have review cycles 3x a year using our transparent career progression framework, and dedicated personal development time
You can find out more about the way we work at Charlie by checking out our Handbook here
- A benchmarked salary from £29,000 to £32,000 based on your level within our progression framework
- A huge focus on mental health; access to Spill, offering six 1:1 counselling sessions, and much more
- 4 bookable “Personal days” per year for when you can’t bring your full self to work
- £30 monthly wellbeing budget
- Enhanced Equal Parental Leave policy
- £550 yearly learning budget
- £500 yearly flexible working budget
- 25 days annual leave + public holidays
- A sabbatical of up to one month paid at 50% of salary, for every 3.5 years worked at Charlie.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team.
We welcome all applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please let us know if you require anything which would enable your success throughout our interview process.