Customer Advocate | Remotive.com
Part-time Contract, up to 30 hrs/week, Remote
Prenda is on a mission to empower learners. We help people run microschools, where small groups of kids meet, often in a home, and own their education. The model is helping light a fire for kids like Mo (https://youtu.be/g4nLjauGM3U), and we want to empower many more. Imagine a world where kids grow up as empowered learners – they choose to learn, develop their gifts, and apply their passion and grit to solve the world’s big problems!
About the Role
Prenda is hiring a part-time contracted Tier 1 Customer Advocate to join our Partner Support Team from April 2023 – June 2023, with the option to extend their contract to support summer student and guide registration from July 2023 – September 2023.
The ideal candidate is a resourceful self-starter with attention to detail, communication skills, and a desire to help others. The Tier 1 Customer Advocate must be available to work during regular business hours (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST), with flexibility during that time, and must work effectively in a remote environment.
Our company is obsessed with our mission of empowering learners, we live our core values and we embrace servant leadership.
Prenda is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics, and we encourage applicants of all ages.
What You Will Do:
- Embody Prenda’s core values in every interaction
- Respond to initial customer inquiries via support tickets in HubSpot, a shared ticket management inbox and pipeline:
- Reference documented processes to support customer requests
- Prioritize customer inquiries/needs, and collaborate with or refer support requests to other teams as appropriate per documented support escalation pathways
- Communicate with customers via text and phone in a shared web-based system called JustCall, or Zoom video conference as needed, and understand when each platform is warranted
- Use technology and online tools to process and interpret customer information
- Provide clear, friendly, and encouraging written communication to convey prompt, compassionate, and accurate information
- Work through potentially complicated and emotionally charged situations with deep empathy and a solution-focused outlook
- Provide technical support for customer/user issues
- Participate in regular meetings and contribute to Partner Support Team initiatives
- Collaborate with other Prenda staff to ensure the highest quality guide and student experience
What You Bring:
- At least one year of experience working in a customer support role
- Proficient technology skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Experience building relationships in a remote environment
- Commitment to Prenda’s Mission and Core Values
- Stable internet access and computer from your preferred work location
Nice to Have:
- Experience in a start-up environment, which requires adaptability and flexibility
- Experience in education or the educational technology industry
- Competitive hourly wage
- Entirely remote team
- Empowered, humble, passionate, and exciting culture