Customer Data Specialist Intern at FMX
Are you a highly-motivated individual with an analytical mindset? Are you well-versed in common data transformation techniques? Do you enjoy working with data to create impactful solutions for end-users? Are you looking to make a splash as part of a small but growing team? If you answered “Yes” to all those questions, then we’re looking for you!
The Customer Data Specialist Intern plays a key role on the Customer Success team, otherwise known as FMX’s secret weapon. We stand out in the industry due to our world-class customer support, which has earned us a 98% customer satisfaction rating! Customer Data Specialists are meticulous in their work and are passionate about delivering top-notch results. In this role, you’ll manage customer data migration projects, create effective reporting solutions for our customers, and implement R&D features into the FMX application. You’ll be expected to take initiative, meet project deadlines, and provide timely responses to customer inquiries. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, high-energy, and collaborative environment, where you’ll be expected to show up every day and impact the strategy and culture of the company in a positive way.
You can expect to dedicate 85% of your time to data migrations, 10% updating commissioned reports, and 5% configuring integrations and R&D features for customers. Customer Data Specialist interns are expected to work anywhere from 5 to 15 hours per week.
● Coordinate and lead data review meetings with onboarding customers
● Manage customer data migration projects from start to finish using FMX’s standard ETL processes
● Build and maintain reporting solutions for customers using business intelligence software
● Meet with customers to ensure their data and reporting requirements are being met
● Configure R&D features and integrations for customers using established documentation as a guide
● Adhere to project priority procedures and completion deadlines
● Support the implementation and retention teams with any data, reporting, or R&D-related questions or issues
● Develop internal and custom-facing documentation
● Establish, maintain, and continuously increase client satisfaction through professional and courteous service
● Work closely with the Customer Support management team to identify new ways to streamline processes and improve workflow
● FMX (We love our own product!)
● Microsoft Excel
● Microsoft Power BI
● Google Colab
Preferred Experience & Qualities:
● Working towards BS degree in data science, business analytics, applied mathematics or 1 year of experience in a related role
● Possess advanced Microsoft Excel skills
● Familiar with standard data cleansing and ETL processes; hands-on experience is a major plus
● Working knowledge of business intelligence tools and understand data visualization best practices
● Moderate knowledge of REST APIs
● Proven experience working in a deadline-driven environment with great results
● You take pride in your work; quality is of the utmost importance
● Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills
● Demonstrate a high attention to detail and excellent time management/organizational skills
● Enjoy experimenting with new technologies and processes
● Maintain a high-level of customer satisfaction through professional and courteous service
● Innovative mind and can use your creativity to create impactful solutions for end-users
● Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive environment
● You embody our core pillars: We value our work ethic, we are disciplined in our processes and responsibilities, we are coachable and seek out constructive criticism, we value results and are performance-driven, we treat each other and everyone we meet with respect and integrity.
The hiring process for this role:
- Apply! Submit your resume and answers to the application questions below via the Workable portal.
- Phone screen with HR: A 30-minute conversation to review your background and experiences, discuss the culture at FMX, and ensure that you understand the general expectations for the role. Also, a great time for you to ask questions about compensation, benefits, etc.
- Hiring manager conversation: A 60-minute conversation with the Director of Customer Success. Be prepared to discuss your background as well as what you’re looking for in your next role and what direction you see your career path taking. Also, a great time for you to ask questions about the expectations for this role, team culture, etc.
Life at FMX:
- You’ll make a big impact: You’ll have significant influence over the direction of our product and the future of our company.
- We value learning and mentorship: We have a training and incentive program and mentorship opportunities
- Work from home: At FMX we are remote first, but you’re welcome to use our office as you need. We have two all-company events a year to ensure that you can put a face to that name and establish high-trust relationships with your teammates and co-workers. When you’re in the office, you can take advantage of our free snacks, beverages, and office kegerator.
- You can wear jeans and tees: Feel free to keep it casual, we do.
- You’ll enjoy a collaborative culture and a close-knit team: We’re a team of hard-working, high-fiving, friendly folks. We take collaboration, transparency, continuous improvement, and work/life balance seriously.
- You’ll have a chance to grow professionally with the team: We gather daily to share insights and resources. In addition, we have a weekly book club where we discuss professional development books and look for ways to grow as Salespeople.
- The hourly wage for this position is $20.
Other considerations: The candidate for this position can be located anywhere in the US.
FMX is founded and headquartered in Columbus, Ohio and develops a cloud-based, software-as-a-service facility maintenance and management product. FMX serves education, property management, manufacturing, and other markets and is one of the fastest-growing companies in its space. Check us out at: https://www.gofmx.com/
Note: All other company requirements are documented in the FMX Teammate Handbook. FMX is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.