Customer Experience Associate | Remotive.com
Baselane is the banking and financial management platform for individual landlords and real estate investors. We are backed by leading FinTech investors, including Activant Capital, Collaborative Fund, Conversion Capital, Diagram Ventures, ThomVest, and many FinTech leaders from PayPal, eBay, Google, and more.
We are building the future of financial services for the 12+ million individual landlords and real estate investors that own over 25 million homes in the United States. Our mission is to empower landlords with financial services, automated tools, and actionable insights to help them save time, increase their returns, and grow their investment portfolios.
We are a seasoned team with deep experience in financial services and technology. We have previously worked at companies including The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, Plaid, Harry’s, Better, WealthSimple, RBC Ventures, and more.
We have hubs in New York City and Toronto.
About the Role
We are currently looking to grow our Customer Experience team. Specifically, we are looking for a Customer Experience Associate with a passion for helping customers and customer intelligence, with the ambition to grow, develop and learn in a fast-paced start-up environment.
At Baselane, we deeply value high-quality Customer Experience and view it as a core element of our product. As a Customer Experience Associate, your goal will be to help drive product adoption, usage, satisfaction, and retention of our customers. Through daily communication with our customers, you will be the “voice of the customer” to the rest of the team. You will work collaboratively with the Product, Engineering, Growth, and Business Operations teams to provide insights and feedback to support the improvement of our product and processes.
This role is fully remote in the US/Canada or hybrid in NYC or Toronto. This role is only available for US or Canadian residents.
- Ensure exceptional customer experience throughout the customer lifecycle, including onboarding, product usage, and retention.
- Work directly with our customers, helping activate, onboard, and resolve customer requests
- Collaborate with Engineering, Growth, Product, and Business Operations teams to effectively support customers
- Support in the conversion of leads to customers, and identify opportunities to proactively (re)-engage new customers to drive product usage
- Utilize critical thinking skills to diagnose & communicate complex customer issues
- Learn the Baselane platform inside and out to maximize the effectiveness of customer conversations
- Support in the creation and maintenance of self-service support documentation (e.g., recorded videos, Help Center)
- Be the front line for our customers and own a critical piece of the feedback loop for improving our product.
- Gather and report customer intelligence (product feature requests, feedback, bugs, etc.)
- Provide insights from customers to the whole team
- 2+ years experience in a customer experience role at a FinTech startup required
- Excellent communication skills to communicate and build enthusiasm for our product
- Experience support via email/chat and with support tools (e.g., ZenDesk, Intercom, Salesforce)
- Empathy, diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- Ability to quickly comprehend our product and the complexity of our customer use cases
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively to solve problems
- Desire for ownership and growth in the role
Benefits & Perks
- Equity – Ownership in what we are building!
- High-quality Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Flexible working hours and location
- Remote working stipend to set up a home office