Customer Service Representative | Remotive.com
Alpine is a team of forward-thinking innovators working to provide intelligent heating and cooling solutions to homeowners. We are the first and largest e-commerce retailer of heating and air conditioning equipment. Our mission is to reduce global warming through the use of high-efficiency and all-electric HVAC equipment, while providing a unique shopping experience for customers that makes the process fun and easy. By creating a great experience for our customers, we have a strong following of repeat customers and the highest ratings in the industry at 4.85 (out of 5) in satisfaction.
In this position, you will learn the ropes of online heating and air conditioning ecommerce and help resolve issues for homeowners and contractors around the country. During the day, you will help customers with tracking their shipments, paying for orders, changing their orders, creating a new project in our system, getting new equipment if it’s damaged or lost, help with replacement parts, assisting with delivery issues, etc. To do the job well takes a combination of skills, particularly listening and understanding what customers need and then creating solutions for them, all while entering information into our system with accuracy so that everyone is informed of the status of the customer’s issue. Some customers can be upset at first if something goes wrong on their orders. The ability to maintain professionalism while being genuinely helpful and not taking customer interactions personally is needed. Being emotionally resilient and learning how to take a problem and turn into a solution that makes things even better for the customer is an art and science.
This is a fully remote position. It is not a flex-time position – it is consistent dedicated work during scheduled hours.
A great candidate for this position:
- Enjoys helping people
- Possesses excellent verbal communication skills
- Is a good listener
- Has a successful track record of problem solving in customer service roles
- Can easily navigate computers and CRM systems
- Can type quickly and accurately
- Has emotional resilience and the ability to handle upset customers in a calm, professional manner
- Uses creativity and ingenuity to find solutions for customers
- Is organized with strong follow-through
- Must have high-speed internet, a quiet workspace without family or pets in the room and a back-up plan for power or internet outages (we provide all computer and headset equipment)
- Understands this isn’t a flex-time position. The role requires you to be at your desk, available and ready for phone calls during scheduled hours
- Competitive compensation, DOE
- Group health insurance plus health savings account, 401k, paid time off, paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability and more
- Paid educational and professional development training
- Work-from-home (remote)
- All computer equipment and training are provided
Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell pro-grade heating and cooling units directly to homeowners. As a team of forward-thinking innovators, we are working to provide HVAC solutions to homeowners in a way that:
- Leads Americans away from using low efficiency and non-renewable HVAC appliances and towards high efficiency and all-electric ones, a key requirement for reducing the country’s dependency on fossil fuels and to slow global warming;
- Provides a shopping experience for customers that’s so easy it’s almost fun, having them exclaim “wow!”, enabled through extreme operational competency; and
- Prioritizes a harmonious win for customers, team members, the company and the environment.
Learn more and view all openings at: careers.alpinehomeair.com