Customer Success Manager, Financial Services
Consumer Edge is a data-driven insights company targeting the global consumer. We provide key stakeholders across the investment (public and private) and corporate (mostly direct-to-consumer) landscapes with best-in-class data products and tools to enable enhanced strategic decision making. Via our data feeds, templates, and visualization tools, we deliver an unparalleled view into consumer spending behavior by fusing numerous privacy compliant data types across geographies. This allows for actionable insights driven by our near real-time market intelligence and benchmarking capabilities at the merchant level. Consumer Edge is based in NYC with entities in the UK and Germany.
The Consumer Edge Customer Success Manager, reporting to the Director of Customer Success, is responsible for serving as the internal voice of the customer and maintaining relationships with the world’s leading investors. The CSM will deliver value to customers by helping them utilize CE’s growing suite of data & SaaS products and will partner with internal teams to achieve results. As a CSM, you’ll educate customers on CE’s data & SaaS product, ensure customers receive a seamless onboarding experience, conduct success planning meetings, spot expansion opportunities for sales, and retain clients.
About Customer Success at CE:
Customer Success is a fast-growing function at Consumer Edge, with the VP of Customer Success joining in 2021 to build & lead the team. This is an exciting opportunity to be a CSM hire at a company that prioritizes building differentiated datasets & products that serve customers’ needs.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest investors looking to better use data in their decision-making processes. Customer Success is at the center of helping customers achieve better outcomes using CE’s data.
The CSM will have a unique entrepreneurial opportunity to work with CS leadership to build best-practices around customer success & account management.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain a relationship with a portfolio of assigned accounts & serve as day-to-day contact for assigned accounts
- Run the account handoff & onboarding process from sales to CS (includes provisioning customers with proper access levels to CE and solving ad-hoc requests)
- Drive customer software engagement & develop power users across customer organizations
- Lead the renewal process for assigned accounts & maintain a renewal pipeline
- Collaborate with Account Executives to spot upsell opportunities
- Partner with CE’s Insights (Financial Analysis) team to quickly and accurately answer detailed client questions
- Collaborate with CS leadership to formalize & institutionalize CS best-practices
- Serve as a resource to CE’s trial customers to convert them to full-time customers
- Provide customer feedback to CE’s Product team & proactively submit feature requests to ensure CE’s platform continues to evolve
What You’ll Have
- B.S. or B.A. in finance, business management, economics or similar field of study
- 3+ years of prior account management / customer success experience at data and/or SaaS companies – a track record of helping customers win
- Experience working with institutional investor clients is a MUST
- Expertise with Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Experience using data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (i.e. Sales, Research, Marketing, Product, etc.)
- You’re driven; no obstacle is too difficult to overcome, and no one needs to push you to excel
- A passion for SaaS products & data
- A passion for working with clients in data-focused roles & experience with SaaS products
- The ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers
- Strong verbal/written communication & presentation skills; extraordinary listening skills
- Strong problem solving & analytical skills; formulates solutions that deliver real business value
- Experience managing renewal processes & a comfort with negotiation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively across projects & accounts
- A drive to exceed goals and a positive, proactive attitude to overcoming challenges
- An entrepreneurial spirit and comfortability with a fast-paced environment
What We Have
- Competitive Salary
- Remote work flexibility
- 401k with employer match
- Flexible vacation and unlimited sick days
- Paid family leave
- An incredible product & powerful data that “wows” clients
- Great people: surround yourself with a team of people with a shared vision & focus, drive, a passion for CE’s customers, and camaraderie
- Career growth opportunities
- Salary Range: 100,000 – 115,000 USD Annually + Benefits + Bonus