Customer Support Engineer SE Asia
Paymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team, and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa, and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale.
Our advanced, multi-cloud platform, offering both shared and dedicated processing instances, vast global presence, and richer, real-time data, set us apart as the leader in payments.
The role of the Customer Support Engineer – SE Asia is to understand what they can solve themselves, and what needs to be fixed or investigated by another department. We have an amazing Global Customer Support team ensuring that our enterprise customers around the globe receive world-class service of the highest level, and now we need you!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, disciplined, and dedicated individual who has a passion for working in the world of technology and mobile payments.
What you get to do::
Together with the rest of the team based globally, you will proactively provide high-level customer support to our customers. Your objective will be ensuring customer satisfaction by rapidly resolving support tickets. The team works across multiple systems to assist with technical troubleshooting and resolution of technical queries.
The role is diverse especially as you’ll be working with global clients and partners across multiple continents. In order to achieve this, you’ll first need to become familiar with transaction processing concepts. Agents receive and give training to colleagues across departments on a regular basis, thus you will be receiving extensive support.
As you become more familiar with the role, you may come across repetitive problems and we’ll look at you to challenge yourself to find permanent solutions to those problems. As you progress in the role you’ll also be helping to grow our technology by understanding our customers’ needs and conveying that to the developer teams.
What you can look forward to::
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.
What it takes to succeed:
This role will bring a strong level of ownership for your personal success in reaching your targets on a daily basis. You will go the extra mile to find creative solutions to accommodate customer requests and queries. As part of your role in this team, you will answer inbound calls and emails from customers in an efficient and timely manner. You will troubleshoot, negotiate and provide information and solutions to customers and do so with the highest standards of professional customer care.
You will enjoy working in a dynamic fast paced environment where you are ready to step outside your comfort zone from time to time. We believe there is no failure, there are only opportunities to embrace and learn from new experiences as we move forward. This role will bring a high level of accountability and you will thrive under pressure.
You will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with all of our users who are seeking your help or advice. Your communications skills are critical for strengthening the relationships with our users. You will have contact with users through inbound & Outbound calls, Chat and Email channels.
- Prior experience working in a customer support role whilst partnering with internal teams to effectively resolve issues through email, live chat
- Prior knowledge of working in Fintech
- Excellent Problem Solving Abilities
- Strong knowledge of API and ability to conduct/create REST and SOAP web services call for testing.
- Experience with critical incident response
- Empathetic and can communicate in a caring and friendly manner
- Strong time management skills and motivation to exceed expectations
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- A tech-savvy and process-driven mindset
- A healthy “can-do” attitude and no fear of complex challenges
- The ability to take ownership and bring ideas to the table, and also inspire others in the team to do the same
- A true passion for exceptional customer service and delighting customers on every interaction
- Excellent command of English (both written and spoken)
- Strong team spirit with a passion and drive to help users and to deliver the best customer experience
English is our company language, so it is important that you are able to communicate fluently. This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in SE Asia. Working flexible hours (shifts) is essential for our remote team to function.