Customer Support Specialist | Remotive.com
Virtual Customer Support Specialist
Pay Rate: $16.20 / Hour
Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30 AM – 6:00 PM EST
• A High School diploma or equivalent. A college degree or some college coursework is preferred.
• The ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
• The ability to work from home with a dedicated space to focus on your daily work tasks.
• The flexibility to work the days/hours required to be successful in this role. Specialists currently work Mon-Fri, so no weekends!
• At least 1 year of relevant experience providing customer support dealing with complex situations. Preferably regarding various types of fraud.
• The technical ability to effectively utilize a computer to access customer information and resources to successfully handle calls.
• The ability to apply critical thinking to each caller’s situation while following documented processes and procedures.
• The ability to advocate for each caller while providing accurate information and unbiased advice.
• The ability to overcome the common challenges Customer Support Specialist face (customer frustration, customer pushback, emotional impact, dealing with unknown situations).
• The ability to communicate effectively with callers and other team members as well as leadership.
• Dynamic people skills that demonstrate professionalism, empathy, respect, patience, and being a team player in everything that you do.
A Typical Day in The Life of a Customer Support Specialist Consists of:
• Working current project hours of 9:30AM-6:00PM EST (Mon-Fri) to support our call queue.
• Accessing various software, systems, and tools on a work laptop to successfully do the job.
• Taking back-to-back calls from our customer hotline dealing with complex situations that pertain to various types of potential fraud.
• Following documented processes and procedures to provide accurate information and unbiased advice based on call handling procedures.
• Multi-tasking while on calls to collaborate with multiple levels of support to resolve caller’s concerns (Tier 2, Tier 3).
• Overcoming challenges that may have an emotional impact on your ability to handle calls.
• Collaborating and communicating effectively in a virtual environment to stay abreast of any changes that occur in a fast-paced environment.
• Completing other tasks/duties as assigned by leadership.
If you feel confident that you have what it takes to be a successful Customer Support Specialist apply today!