Data Analytics and Visualization Research Analyst
Are you looking for a Challenge? Looking for an innovative organization and the opportunity to learn and grow professionally? Our client is currently seeking a Data Analytics and Visualization Research Analyst. The ideal candidate will possess the experience, vision, commitment, and integrity to successfully support the strategic goals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology Directorate (S&T). This position provides data analytics, visualization, and data processing to support S&T enterprise programs, process improvement, and decision-making. This is a remote/offsite position with travel to client facility as needed.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Provide general data analytics expertise and counsel to support lab programs and data processes.
- Develop a workforce analysis and visualization tool to support enterprise process improvement and decision-making.
- Create data sets for lab program staffing assignments, degree/educational backgrounds, project history and other requirements.
- Build skill taxonomy and survey the lab workforce.
- Create an integrated dashboard tool in coordination with lab program representatives.
- Develop process for tool updates and data maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Expertise in Excel, Tableau and/or other relevant applications.
- Strong background and experience guiding informed business decisions using skills such as data analytics, automating data processes, building models, and visualizing data.
- Ability to obtain DHS Suitability.
- Operational, programmatic or management experience supporting DoD and/or DHS components (e.g., TSA, CBP, FPS, CISA, CWMD, USCG, ICE).
- Ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, demonstrate teamwork and initiative, and function productively in the face of new assignments and the re-prioritization of existing assignments.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks.
- Active DHS suitability.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, marital status, ancestry, protected veteran status, or any other protected group or class.
DILBERT © 2018 Scott Adams. Used By permission of ANDREWS MCMEEL SYNDICATION. All rights reserved.