Data engineer | Remotive.com
We are seeking for experienced developers to join our R&D team in development of our innovative future platform and join our CRM, Fraud and Online teams.
By joining our family you’ll be joining some of the best product owners, delivery managers and tech teams in the industry, helping us to build and deliver from scratch a platform to serve millions of clients around the world.
This would be once in a lifetime opportunity to potentially influence and help design the future standards of the Gaming and Sport-betting industry worldwide.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and BI technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Create data tools for analysts and data scientists that will assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Good/Basic understanding of relational database logic. I.e Differences between CAP and ACID, types of relations between tables, isolation levels etc.
- Good/Basic understanding of query authoring (SQL).
- Good/Basic understanding of procedures and functions.
- Good/Basic understanding of performance and tuning of SQL queries.
- Good/Basic understanding of de-normalized/normalized data.
- Good/Basic understanding of ETL logic.
- Good/Basic understanding of DWH principles.
Nice to have technical qualifications:
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data tools: DBT.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with cloud services: AWS, GC, Snowflake
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Kafka, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python or Java
- Experience with GitLab CI/CD pipelines
The recruitment process includes an HR Interview, an interview with the Data team, an Interview with Delivery, Offer, and an Onboarding Plan.
On your first day, you will be met by an HR Representative, who will introduce you to the company, and conduct a tour of the office.
Everything you need will be waiting for you (laptop, workplace, welcome package).
You will have the opportunity to meet colleagues all the time you spent on-site. We will do everything necessary to make you feel comfortable and support you during and after the adaptation period.
Your onboarding will continue with meeting the important stakeholders working with your team. In addition, you will have regular 1:1 meetings with your manager where you can receive and give feedback. Later on, you will get acquainted with our employee development program.
Our routine at OpenTag:
- We’re pretty proud to be working here, and we hope you’d be too.
- It’s essential that we really don’t like micromanagement.
- Do your job. If you want help – come and ask for it.
- No one will track your time or check you every 30 minutes to see how it’s going.
- You don’t want to come to the office – that’s okay.
- You can work from your villa, from the seaside or a cafe – we don’t care as long as you deliver what is promised. You want to come to the office – that’s okay too.
- The office is always open, and we will be happy to have lunch together or a beer after work.
Health & Lifestyle:
For employees that work in Kyiv and Sofia offices, we provide medical insurance for you and your kids, with full coverage, sports subscription, breakfasts and lunches in the office, and unlimited snacks and beverages.
At OpenTag, we have team events throughout the year – hiking, paintball battles, Kanu-kayaks, beer brewing and tasting, and so much more!
Compensation & Vacation policy:
Fast recruitment process
Great office space with amazing colleagues
The opportunity to build a scalable online betting platform from scratch
Work with the latest technologies
25 vacation days a year + a day off for your birthday
Premium Health Insurance
Office snacks and team lunches
Quarterly team events
… and many more!