Data Engineer | Remotive.com
Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As a Data Engineer in Mural’s data engineering team, you will be working with a group of passionate engineers to build and enhance analytical data models for Mural. You will be responsible for transforming data from various sources such as Mural platform and Salesforce to easy-to-consume data models for analytical use cases. Your work enables Mural to become a data-driven company to make data-informed decisions.
In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with team members and business partners to collect business requirements, define successful analytics outcomes and design data models
- Use and mentor on best engineering practices such as version control system, CI/CD and code review
- Design, build, and maintain ELT pipelines in Enterprise Data Platform to ensure reliable business reporting
- Design & build ELT based data models using SQL & DBT
- Build analytics solutions that provide practical insights into marketing contribution and spend efficiency, customer 360, finance, product, sales and other key business domains
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- 2+ years of data / analytics engineering experience building, working & maintaining data pipelines & ETL processes on big data environments
- Production experience working with dbt and designing and implementing Data Warehouse solutions
- Good Knowledge in modern as well as classic Data Modeling – Kimball, Innmon, etc
- Intermediate experience with any of the programming language: Python, Go, Java, Scala, we use primarily Python
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with Cloud columnar databases (Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery), query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Integration with 3rd party API SaaS applications like Salesforce and Marketo etc.
- Familiarity with processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
Please submit your resume in English. #LI-Remote #LI-MB1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.