Data Protection Advisor | Remotive.com
Trilateral is recruiting for a Data Protection Advisor, with expertise and experience in relation to data protection compliance, to join our Data Protection and Cyber-risk service. The candidate should have sound knowledge of European data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), EU Data Protection Regulation (EU DPR) national data protection legislation and e-Privacy legislation.
Our company and what we do
At Trilateral Research we feel passionately about making the world a better place by providing Ethical AI solutions to tackle complex social problems. With award-winning services in research, data protection and cybersecurity, ethics innovation and sociotech insights, our team takes an end-to-end approach that fully integrates the technical, legal and social science dimensions of a problem. Our ethical AI has a tangible impact in the fight against the biggest challenges we are currently facing such as modern slavery and human trafficking, climate action, child exploitation, human security in conflict and crisis settings, and many more.
Our Data Protection and Cyber-risk service supports these internal activities and provides consultancy services to public sector and private sector organisations independently. We serve some of the most well-known organisations in Ireland, the UK, Europe and beyond, assisting them to improve their data protection compliance maturity.
Executing data protection support work and data protection compliance efforts required by clients including:
- Providing outsourced DPO and DPO Assist services to clients and managing client relationships, including tasks such as developing consent and privacy notices, managing SARs and guiding clients through personal data breaches
- Data protection compliance activities including data protection impact assessments, compliance audits, gap analyses, data mapping services to aid in addressing risk management issues and complying with data protection requirements
- Writing briefs for clients on relevant topic areas, including newsletter pieces and other outreach material
- Attending and presenting at client meetings, as required
- Business development tasks, including developing proposals and bids for new projects
Skills and experience
- An LLM or other relevant postgraduate qualification
- Thorough working knowledge of Irish or UK and EU data protection legislation (including GDPR); knowledge of national data protection legislation for the US or other EU countries is a plus
- Knowledge and proven experience in the areas of some or all of the following:
– Data protection,
– Data privacy,
– Data governance,
– Auditing, compliance
– Information security and/or
– Risk management
- Ability to analyse legislative requirements and translate these into organisational practices and solutions
- Awareness of information systems and databases to determine how processes need to be developed
- Project management skills, a proven track record of leading projects to successful completion
- Proven client management skills and experience
- Experience working with public sector organisations is preferred but not essential
- CIPP/E or other data protection or information security compliance certifications preferred
- 3+ years of post-degree experience
Our culture is based on delivering high-quality outputs, through our commitment and passion for what we do. We work in an open and collaborative environment where the team culture provides support amongst peers and colleagues. We believe in the strength of a diverse, gender-balanced environment with positive work-life balance, and value the passion and talents of our team.
Find out about our people and culture, and see how our mission drives the research projects we take on, the key data protection services we provide, and the technology products and supplementary services we develop, by visiting our website Trilateral Research.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes:
- · Competitive salary
- · Flexible working hours
- · Remote working/working from home options
- · Competitive pension scheme (applies to permanent contract only)
- · Continuous career development
Location: This position is open to candidates based in the UK and Ireland
Contract type: Permanent, full-time Employment Contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time
How to apply
Please submit both your CV and a cover letter, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. References will be required prior to appointment and candidates must be eligible to work in the UK/IE.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.