Data Scientist – Business Optimization
Zenni pioneered the online eyewear industry in 2003 with a mission to make prescription eyewear affordable and accessible to everyone. Based in Marin County, California, Zenni offers men, women, and children the freedom to express their personal style and individuality through high-quality prescription and protective eyewear curated with a sense for fashion and incredible selection. With over 50 million frames sold worldwide, a pair of Zenni’s is owned in every country across the globe. Zenni is proud to be the Official Eyewear Partner of the Boston Red Sox, Chicago Bulls and San Francisco 49ers. For more information, visit www.zenni.com or connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support Zenni’s business optimization activities with insights gained from analyzing company data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of business actions.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business optimization.
- Mine and analyze large data sets for identifying data pattern.
- Develop network models to support various business segments – factoring in fixed/variable facilities, transportation, inventory cost, and various supply chain constraints, such as capacity, productivity, etc.
- Define and implement statistical and ML models for prediction in the areas of demand forecasting, and inventory planning to increase and optimize revenue generation, cost saving, and customer experiences.
- Design and implement A/B testing framework for data accuracy measurements.
- Coordinate with different functional reams to align business needs with ML deliverables.
- BS or MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related fields.
- 5 years’ experience with running ML/statistical models and advanced analytics with proven record for delivering production predicative models to drive strategic decision making.
- Strong understanding of relational databases, various data structures and common methods on data transformation, aggregation and normalization.
- 3 years of hands-on analytical experiences in E-commerce and inventory planning areas.
- Proficient with programming languages such as Python, SQL, R, etc.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with demonstrated ability to partner with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Your choice of PC or Mac hardware and accessories
- Excellent health benefits that the company pays for
- Annual employee eyeglasses stipend
- Great Work Life Balance