Data Scientist | Remotive.com
Moving to a new country is as easy as booking a flight!
Jobbatical.com helps the world work together by making international hiring easier than hiring locally.
Our team is on a mission to increase net talent mobility in the world and the best way of doing that is by making the hardest part of relocating to another country – immigration – ridiculously easy. We have ambitious plans for the future that start with helping hyper-growth startups and global companies scale by taking over employee relocation off their plate, both through our services and now also with our technology platform. And,we live by our motto
On time. Every time. No drama
We are looking to hire a highly creative data scientist to address data analytics challenges in our organization, to collect large volumes of data from varying sources, clean and interpret data, create solutions to overcome challenges, and communicate with interested parties.
To succeed in this position; you need to be curious, creative, and tech-savvy. You need to stay up to date with data programming software and apps, have an outstanding understanding of statistics and mathematics, and be proficient in writing algorithms. Top candidates will be persistent and have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate with product managers and other team members to understand the business needs, and requirements.
- Determine necessary models and algorithms that meet solution requirements.
- Gather, understand, clean, and process data for modeling purposes.
- Write SQL, Python, or Node Js scripts that can be used to automate the data preparation process.
- Researching solutions to overcome data analytics challenges.
- Build and deploy models using open-source and proprietary tools.
- Test and validate model results for robustness and accuracy.
- Create effective and quality visualization dashboards for presenting the results.
- Build data API to automate and integrate with different systems in a scalable way.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Sharing complex ideas verbally and visually in an understandable manner with non-technical stakeholders.
- At least 2 – 3 years of industry experience in analyzing large data, building visualizations, and building and deploying machine learning models.
- Experience in building clustering, classification, regression, time-series forecasting, and other predictive analytics and machine learning models using Python or other programming languages.
- Experience in building user-focused visualizations using tools like Metabase, PowerBI, Looker, Google spreadsheets, etc.
- Experience in data wrangling using SQL or similar tools.
- Strong math/statistics/probability/data modeling background.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Prior experience in NLP is preferred. Willingness to learn and work on NLP is a must.
- Experience in image processing is a plus.
- Knowledge of Google cloud platform data science tools and open-source ML tooling is preferred.
- Knowledge about cost-effective data science processes and automation is a plus.
Who You Are:
- You take time to ask questions and define the problem before considering a solution.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Comfortable in explaining a technical topic to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Has a value-driven perspective with regard to the understanding of work context and impact.
- While you are strong individually, you know that we succeed or fail together as a team.
Our Engineering team is made up of awesome people;
We are a remote working company, and it is important to reach your goals from wherever your location is.
We are happy to offer you:
- Company options.
- Possibility to work with passionate professionals.
- International challenges that grow your knowledge and skills.
- 28 working days of paid vacation, 3 YOLO days annually.
- Our perks include wellness support, books, courses, a teambuilding budget, etc.
- Any hardware necessary: Mac, headphones, etc.
- Flexible Work.
- Annual offsite. Karaoke included.
Learn more about the company and the team here: https://jobbatical.com/about