Data Specialist | Remotive.com
We’re looking for applicants interested in full-time, project-based work for 2 years. This is not a highly technical role, we look candidates with interest and familiarity with International Development, International Affairs, and Political Science.
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can’t wait to make it even more. We live our mission and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.
Are you a junior professional looking for experience? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? This is your chance to get insider exposure to the information that international development organizations need.
You’re a team player and problem solver. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for your own work (but you get the support you need). You also strive to have excellent communications skills to get the information you need, and a professional, collaborative attitude to coordinate with diverse groups–whether donor agencies or colleagues within the organization–to get the job done.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
The Data Collection team’s goal is to make sure Devex members are the first to know about funding opportunities and the information they receive from us is accurate, reader-friendly, and adds value to their user experience. We track the funding notices, procurement opportunities, contract awards, and job announcements of major development donors such as the World Bank, ADB, USAID and the EU as well as implementers, corporations, private foundations, and other philanthropic organizations that operate at the intersection of business and global development.
What you’ll do:
- Process a variety of procurement information: donor strategies, tenders, grants, short-lists, and contract awards
- Contribute to the growth of our job board by posting development jobs so our members know about all of the best open development positions
- Ensure information quality and presenting it so it is helpful to Devex members around the world
- Participate in general team activities, including team meetings, training, and coordination work with other teams
- Perform other tasks/duties as assigned
Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- Attention to detail and an appreciation for data and process improvement
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in International Relations, International Studies, Development Studies or similar)
- A basic understanding of international development and global mindset
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- Data collection, research and/or analysis
- Details-oriented work with evolving processes
Committed applicants can expect one-day processing of their application, with a turnaround time for results within 5 business days.
The base pay is Php21,780 with an opportunity to earn monthly bonuses of up to Php10,000. This position requires no probationary period, and you will have access to HMO services as soon as you start working at Devex.
What we can offer you
Being part of the Devex team is a partnership. We strive to make Devex a space where you can thrive and do your most inspirational work. Here are a few benefits we offer:
- Working in an international environment with colleagues all over the globe
- Remote work
- Generous maternity/paternity leave
- A fully stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Weekly professional development and wellness activities
- 8 Service Incentive Leaves the first year and 13 Service Incentive Leaves on the second year
- Week-long enterprise-wide breaks to rest and recharge (August and December)
- 2 YAY days to learn or adventure as you like
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!