Data Translation Manager | Remotive.com
BenchSci is a remote-first organization. At this moment, we are welcoming applicants from Canada, the US and the UK for this position.
We are looking for a Data Translation Manager to join our team. Reporting to the VP of Science, you will lead a team within BenchSci’s Science group to build a world-class biomedical research database and manage a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop software products that will empower scientists to run more successful experiments. You will be responsible for ensuring the data is of the highest quality and meets the needs of our users.
- Lead the ability to surface biomedical experimental research history in the BenchSci platform.
- Identify strategies and opportunities for extracting insights and work cross-functionally across platform teams to define approaches for including them into the platform.
- Lead scientific data projects and work with the VP of Science and VP of Product to define and execute data projects on the Product Roadmap
- Grow & manage a team of 5+ scientists to their full potential
- Implement best practices to reach a high level of productivity and operational efficiency
- Develop criteria for objectively testing data accuracy, breadth, and depth and define performance indicators that create value from end-user and market perspectives.
- Monitor data dashboard and statistics to understand current states and improvements within BenchSci’s platform including experimental data, and bioinformatics data metrics.
- Be accountable for the accuracy, comprehensiveness, and integrity of data deliverables.
- Manage the roadmap for experimental data projects, a section of the unified roadmap
- Work with our data security team to ensure research data is handled appropriately and within the required policies
- Support commercial efforts by meeting with BenchSci’s leading customers (top-20 pharmaceutical companies) and users (research scientists) to identify the most impactful problems we can address with our technology
- 6+ years of research experience in life science research, including 1+ years experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- 2+ years leading and growing motivated teams
- Collaborated with senior executives to align business and scientific program/portfolio strategy
- Experience influencing cross-functional teams to achieve outcomes over outputs
- Experience working with technical/big data products, and translating scientific and technical requirements
- Experience with data pipelines and data utilization (e.g., using R, Python or SQL)
- Have 2+ years as a Product Manager on SaaS enterprise products or platforms with technically complex infrastructures, in the life sciences space
Benefits and Perks:
An engaging remote-first culture
A great compensation package that includes BenchSci equity options
15 days vacation plus an additional day every year; plus company closures for 15 more days throughout the year
Unlimited flex time for sick days, personal days, religious holidays
Comprehensive health and dental benefits Emphasis on mental health with $2500 CAD* for Psychologist, Social Worker, or Psychotherapist services
A $2000 CAD* Annual Learning & Development budget
A $1000 CAD* home office set-up budget
A $2500 CAD*wellness, lifestyle and productivity spending account for employees
Generous parental leave benefits with a top-up plan or paid time off options
*Benefits are tied to Canadian dollar amounts and would be converted to local currency for those in other countries. Moving to local currency allotments in the future.
BenchSci’s vision is to help scientists bring novel medicine to patients 50% faster by 2025. We empower scientists to run more successful experiments with the world’s most advanced, biomedical artificial intelligence software platform.
Backed by F-Prime, Inovia, Golden Ventures, and Google’s AI fund, Gradient Ventures, we provide an indispensable tool for scientists that accelerates research at 16 top 20 pharmaceutical companies and over 4,300 leading academic centers. We’re a certified Great Place to Work®, and top-ranked company on Glassdoor.
BenchSci relentlessly builds on its strong foundation of culture. We put team members first, knowing that they’re the organization’s beating heart. We invest as much in our people as our products. Our culture fosters transparency, collaboration, and continuous learning.
We value each other’s differences and always look for opportunities to embed equity into the fabric of our work. We foster diversity, autonomy, and personal growth, and provide resources to support motivated self-leaders in continuous improvement.