Development Director | Remotive.com
EDMO is a national education nonprofit that has been cultivating curious, courageous, and kind kids since 2004. Our award winning camps, classes, tutoring programs (and more!) are designed to engage kids’ minds and bodies. EDMO programs are hands-on, interactive and fun, unlocking the inner scientist, artist or coder in every child. At EDMO, we celebrate getting messy and making mistakes while encouraging creativity, critical thinking and collaboration. Central to our mission is our commitment to providing equitable access to our programs regardless of their family’s ability to pay. Visit edmo.org to learn more.
Reporting to the Executive Director and Chief Strategist, the Development Director is responsible for the cultivation and stewardship of individual, grant, foundation, and corporate pipeline and contributing to the overall fundraising goals through solicitation of participatory and leadership gifts. Over time, this new position will develop a team responsible for growing the number of new donors and retaining and deepening the relationships with current donors and constituents.
- Develops a comprehensive development and fundraising strategy for EDMO that includes but is not limited to individual donors, grant sources, foundations, and corporate partnerships. This will focus on the identification of new donors and the retention of existing donors.Short-term strategy (12-18 months) will include goals and measures development, donor network identification, and budget implications. Long-term strategic objectives will include solidification of donor network, board development strategy, and establishment of a foundation strategy; has proven record of raising at least $2M+/year.
- Develops a plan for outreach and communication to current donors and a plan for prospective new donors; manage all contacts in a systematic and orderly manner.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and members of the Communications and Marketing team to develop collateral and other tools or resources which may be utilized in fundraising efforts and donor campaigns. Collateral may be general in nature or customized for targeted purposes.
- Creates and maintains a donor portfolio and database with a focus on identification of new high level donors (i.e., $1000+) by conducting phone calls, virtual and in-person visits, and solicitations.
- Works closely with the Chief Financial Officer to formulate financial/fundraising goals and determines budgetary implications.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting meaningful donor opportunities or events to engage prospects and donors from a variety of walks of life and who may have a significant impact on EDMO’s ability to promote, increase, recognize and retain supporters.These may include managing a donor portfolio, creating special events for solicitation and recognition, identifying individuals through donor pipeline, direct soliciting individuals, and developing of related collateral that supports individual giving opportunities.
- Supports the Board of Directors external relationship/fundraising chair to identify board level donor network; provides support (e.g., collateral) to expand the board network of donors.
- Develops a team (direct reports and affiliated colleagues) responsible for all phases of development, outreach, and fundraising activities.
- Establishes team goals and individual objectives for all team members, direct and indirect. Provides ongoing feedback and input on goals attainment; adjust department and individual measures as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in nonprofit administration, business administration, communications or a similar field.
- 5 -10 years experience developing fundraising strategies that includes but is not limited to individual donors, grant sources, foundations, and corporate partnerships.
- Preferably lives in Northern California and is able to meet with local partners on occasion.
- Is familiar with California funding streams, both government and philanthropic.
- Has proficient knowledge of nonprofit GAAP accounting, revenue recognition, and restricted/unrestricted net assets.
- Has proficient knowledge of a CRM like Hubspot to manage revenue pipeline.
- 5+ years of grant writing experience.
- 5+ years of nonprofit experience
- A professional and collaborative approach to challenging situations.
- Excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Solid organizational, time management and project management skills required.
THIS IS A REMOTE ROLE
*This role requires in person meetings with partners: Northern California Preferred
Start Date: April 4th
Salary: Range of 100k – 105K DOE + full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, and 401K match of up to 4%
Must be able to work in PST Time Zone
When you upload your resume upload it in the PDF format not word.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EDMO is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity inclusion, and belonging in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. EDMO makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, business needs at the time, and organizational value fit.