Director of Product Management – Guest Engagement
Reporting directly to the GM, we are looking for a Product Director to lead our Guest Engagement group at Olo. The ideal candidate will bring experience leading a Product Team, is passionate about the restaurant industry, and understands the ever-changing marketing and customer engagement landscape (CDP, CRM, Automation, Email & SMS, Loyalty, etc.).
This role will manage a team of Product Managers and work with counterparts in Engineering, Data, and GTM to develop, prioritize, and plan the team’s roadmap. As one of Olo’s highest growth product areas, this is a great opportunity to have a tremendous impact on the growth of Olo and the future of the restaurant industry.
You can work remotely or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC.
What You’ll Do
- You will focus on successful team outcomes and the market success of Olo’s products. Establish annual and quarterly goals for products and track progress against objectives
- Provide broader, high-level product vision and market guidance to teams that have specific areas of product focus to ensure efforts across teams are cohesive and are an efficient use of Olo resources. Find the connections between initiatives to ensure higher impact
- Facilitate internal agreement and collaboration across leadership throughout the Olo organization, with a focus on best software development practices throughout the Product, Engineering, Data, and Design teams
- Develop relationships with essential customers and the Olo sales organization, to get regular feedback on Olo’s products.
- Research competitors to ensure our products are competitive in features, pricing, and service
- Translate company and product strategies into applicable roadmaps, working with peers on the Product, Engineering, Data, and Design teams
- Partner with Olo’s Executive Team on potential new investments and facilitate the research and development of new business opportunities
What We’ll Expect From You
- 5+ years experience; Leadership in a creative, high-growth software organization
- Experience building product groups, hiring and mentoring Product Managers to grow their careers in Product Management
- Cultivated a results-driven culture in which innovation and excellence were expected and customer experiences that were easy, fast, and delightful were the standard
- Experience with the development, launch, sale, and support of new, game-changing products
- Understanding of the market, customer needs and new market opportunities to guarantee a game-changing product portfolio
- Tenacity and resourcefulness; a problem solver with deep analytical skills
- Strong business acumen and the ability to analyze data to identify trends and opportunities
- Experience working with and respected by engineering teams shipping complex products
We’re remote-friendly. Since 2015, we have been evolving our culture to continue to support a more distributed workforce and now over 75% of our team works remotely across the U.S. If you’re in the New York City area, you can choose to work remotely or from Olo’s headquarters, located in Tribeca.
We offer great benefits, such as 20 days of paid time off, 10 separate sick days, 11 holidays plus year-end closure, fully paid health, dental and vision care premiums, a 401k match, remote-office stipend, company equity, a generous parental leave plan, volunteer time off, gift matching policy, and more!
Our best estimate of the compensation range for this opportunity is $175k – 240k annually depending on the experience you bring and your location. We look forward to discussing your salary expectations and our full total rewards offerings throughout the interview process.
We encourage you to apply!
We value diversity. At Olo, we know a diverse and inclusive team makes our workplace better. Don’t meet every single qualification in the job description? Market data shows that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, that is free from discrimination and harassment; this allows us to make better decisions and better serve the communities we’re a part of. So if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.