Director, Product Management at Woven Planet
For nearly a century, Toyota has been delivering products and services that improve lives. Automation that originated to increase the efficiency of daily activities has evolved into the safe, reliable, connected automobiles we enjoy and depend on today. Now, we are looking to the next 100 years and to extending that dream for a better life for all people from cars to smart cities.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. The complementary strengths enable us to optimize safety, advance clean energy and elevate well-being. We envision a human-centered future where world-class technology solutions expand global access to mobility, amplify the capabilities of drivers, and empower humanity to thrive.
To achieve Woven Planet’s mission, we must deliver Arene, a vehicle operating system and the tools to build, deploy, and test vehicle software. In support of this, we need a veteran product leader with automotive experience to define product strategy for Arene from inception to delivery while working directly with engineering teams and customers. This is a growing team working on an early-stage product so the ideal candidate will be ready to roll up their sleeves and act as a “player-coach” working directly with some engineering teams as their Product Manager with some of their time and mentoring and growing a Product team with the rest of their time.
- Work directly with engineers and partners to deliver software at automotive-grade quality while helping to drive usage of Arene with customers
- Lead a team of product managers working with engineering teams across the org
- Interface regularly with customers, ensuring that their needs are met, from broad requirements all the way down to detailed implementation
- Take high-level customer/product goals, identify the requirements, integration points with other teams/customers, and shepherd the work from planning through delivery
- Track schedules created by engineering, identify risks, and clearly communicate them to stakeholders and executives
- Ensure continuity of geographically dispersed teams and stakeholders
- Balance competing factors (risk mitigation and issue resolution, dependency management, fastest vs best solution, ROI, etc)
- Provide inspirational leadership with active listening, empathy, inclusivity, and modeling company values to maximize the performance of teams and individuals
To be considered for this role, a candidate should meet all of the following:
- Demonstrated experience leading teams on successful technology products
- Significant experience delivering automotive-grade software solutions Process-oriented mindset and demonstrated ability to balance meticulous attention to detail with swift execution
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple products, customers, and engineering teams at one time
- Experience in communicating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated effectiveness in connecting business context and customer impact to engineering tasks
- Prior experience working directly with engineering teams
- Effective English communication skills
- Experience working with automotive OEMs and/or tier-1 suppliers
- Thrive in ambiguity and embrace the challenge of creating metrics, designing product roadmaps, problem-solving, and influencing a diverse set of stakeholders toward a common goal
Be sure to mention if you have any of the following optional, but relevant experience:
- Ability to read or speak Japanese or familiarity with Japanese (business) cultural norms
Your base salary is one part of your total compensation. At Woven Planet, we offer a base salary, a bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package. The US pay scale for this full time position is $141,750- $310,500. The total compensation offered to an employee will be dependent upon the individual’s skills, experience, qualifications, location, and level.
By submitting your application you agree to the following terms:
・We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
・We pledge that any information we receive from candidates will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.