Embedded Software Engineer | Remotive.com
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
In this position you will be working with the embedded software engineering team to push the boundaries of science and technology in some of the most demanding product areas. We are developing the next generation of perception technologies to save lives in automotive accidents and enhance the robotics world.
What You’ll Do:
You will help PreAct develop new generations of sensing and perception technologies in a fast paced and exciting environment. As part of a small and dedicated team, you will be given immediate responsibility for designing, developing, and maintaining the embedded software running on the sensor. Mentoring will be provided by senior software engineers and the software engineering team lead.
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will support embedded software engineering development. You will be given design requirements and are expected to complete the design and implementation with periodic reviews. You will also be expected to fully document and test your code. Design and testing occur at internal PreAct facilities, and test ranges around the country so some travel could occasionally be required. Additionally, occasional travel into the PreAct main office will be required.
What You’ll Need:
- BS, MS, PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Looking for a self-starter willing to take on a variety of tasks with a willingness to learn
- Dedication to completing tasks on time
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – including flowcharting and block diagramming
- Proficient with C/C++ and Python
- Proficient with microcontrollers, ARM processors, and cross-platform software development
- Basic digital communication interfaces including I2C, SPI, RS232/UART, ethernet
- Use of meters, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other electronic test equipment
- Proficient with Linux on embedded devices
- Experience with Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Proficient with source control, bug tracking, and task management tools
- Jira and Git experience
- Familiarity with automotive standards and developing safety rated systems
- Experience developing on a mutli-processor SoC such as the Xilinx Zynq Ultrascale platform