Engineering Manager | Remotive.com
This is a remote job for women applicants in Brazil and Latin America time zone.
Did you know that it will take about 133 years to close the economic gender gap? And that only 15% of engineering jobs are held by women?
At Rocket.Chat we believe that diversity brings more results, happiness and productivity and we want to change this statistics and bring more women to the tech industry and engineering.
If you’re a woman and want to be part of our Rocket, this opportunity is for you.
As an Engineering Manager at Rocket.Chat you will lead engineering teams who are focused on solving complex technical challenges to deliver valuable and delightful collaboration experiences for Rocket.Chat users.
In addition to your role, within the engineering team, reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager or to the CTO and managing engineering staff, you will have matrixed reporting relationships with members of the squad or squads that you are assigned to work with.
Your skills 🎯
- 4+ years of experience managing technical teams
- Experience with agile practices & frameworks
- Fluent English
- Strong Soft Skills including organizational, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Agile Mindset
Hiring (Squad Formation)
- Continuously assess and validate hiring plans based on engineering/squad needs
- Actively seek and hire talent following the hiring plan
- Conduct managerial interviews for candidates
- Help engineers grow their tech and soft skills and experience
- Identify the need of Coaching and/or Mentoring to direct reports providing it or identifying the best person to do it
- Contribute to the sense of psychological safety on your team (OfficeVibe reviews)
- Hold regular 1:1’s with all team members
- Facilitate conflict management
- Provide clear feedback around the individual’s performance (including check-in and Individual Development Plans)
- Coordinate and plan team vacations and PTOs
- Work closely with product managers to understand and contribute to product strategy
- Ensure that team members understand the purpose, business drivers and impact of upcoming and WIP tasks
- Run an agile team as a servant leader supporting chosen framework
- Facilitate cross-squads communication & blockers removal
- Expedite decision-making on the team focusing on building the product the right way
- Support the team to transform product roadmap into well-defined and detailed plans for execution
- Guarantee adherence to established plans and manage expectations towards its conclusions
- Confirm completeness of requirements and acceptance criteria on engineering tasks as usability, performance and reliability
- Track team capacity and velocity, making sure sprint points are correctly attributed
- Be on top of team progress toward objectives (sprint, release, roadmap)
- Balance engineering initiatives vs products expectations
- Guide team to work towards company OKRs
- Seek and promote processes improvement
- Align among different squads Release Candidates and Final Release scope and dates
- Support daily, sprint review and sprint retrospective meetings
- Identify and communicate operational and delivery risks
- Work to maintain a backlog of technical debts and incentivize engineers to contribute and prioritize it
- Coordinate with Product Management and Design to ensure proper sequencing and loading of backlog and WIP engineering tasks
- Solicit technical design input and review from tech leads and architecture team members as needed
- Reporting on your team’s status, product quality and performance/operational excellence metrics.
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience! They include a flexible schedule, multicultural environment with colleagues in over 30 countries, a vibrant company culture, remote work as you wish, unlimited Paid Time Off, language and tech courses and more!
About Rocket.Chat 🚀
Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open source communications platform. Built for organizations that need more control over their communications, it enables collaboration between colleagues, partners, customers, communities, and even platforms without compromises on data ownership, customizations, or integrations.
Tens of millions of users in over 150 countries and organizations such as Deutsche Bahn, the U.S. Navy and Credit Suisse trust Rocket.Chat every day to keep their communications completely private and secure.
As Rocket.Chat we believe in reconnecting the world, one conversation at a time! See yourself in that? So apply now!