EXCO Administrator | Remotive.com
The primary function of this role is to provide administrative support to the OSC to ensure company processes run smoothly. The role of the Administrative Assistant is wide-ranging and varied; therefore, the ideal candidate must possess various skills. The OSC fulfils a supportive role to the company’s EXCO (Executive Committee), comprised of all senior stakeholders. The EXCO is divided into sub-departments tasked with developing and maintaining office processes and systems. The OSC is responsible for various tasks/projects with which the newly appointed Administrative Assistant will assist.
1. Diary Management
1.1. Assists the OSC by planning and scheduling meetings/training/workshops for each EXCO silo.
1.2. Follows up with relevant staff on the information required for meetings and ensure such information is ready before the start of each meeting.
2. Transcribing/Issuing Meeting Minutes
2.1. Transcribes minutes from recorded/in-person meetings.
2.2. Issues the minutes to the relevant stakeholders.
3. Communication and Correspondence
3.1. Responds to emails, phone calls and other forms of communication from staff (with assistance from OSC).
3.2. Fields general queries from staff about office systems and processes (with assistance from OSC).
3.3. Assists with filing correspondence.
3.4. Assists with the setting up and administration of general email response.
4. Data Entry and Management
4.1. Assists with the maintenance of the company digital library (Open Asset).
4.2. Assists with collating project files across various company platforms to add to the library.
4.3. Maintains up-to-date and accurate project information.
4.4. Assists staff with locating project information.
5. Document management
5.1. Assists with the development and maintenance of all standard company templates in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
5.2. Assists in editing documents for accuracy.
6. Systems and Processes
6.1. Assists the OSC with the development and implementation of internal systems and processes.
1. Experience – proven in fulfilling an administrative role.
2. Adaptable – our fast-paced environment requires an administrator to think on their feet and always be one step ahead.
3. Attention to detail – must have an exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail.
4. Communication – highly effective, both written and oral.
5. Time Management – Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amidst conflicting demands.
6. Microsoft Software – highly efficient in all Microsoft Office 365 systems and tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
7. Attitude – must be positive, team player, helpful nature, cope well under pressure
8. Professionalism – demonstrate a high degree of professionalism
9. Responsibility – have a strong sense of accountability and responsibility
10. Take instruction – ability to take instruction and criticism from various key stakeholders
11. Discretion – must have integrity and maintain confidentiality
12. Dedication – must be dedicated and take pride in their work
1. Minimum 2 Years experience in a similar position.
2. Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent (Tertiary education highly advantageous).
3. Ability to work remotely (A minimum 20Mbps internet connectivity line is required).