Experienced Product Manager – Data Platform
We believe that the way people interact with their finances will drastically improve in the next few years. We’re dedicated to empowering this transformation by building the tools and experiences that thousands of developers use to create their own products. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid’s network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
The Data Platform team builds and operates the capabilities that enable Plaid to make effective data-driven decisions. We know that the pace we can arrive at those decisions is directly related to the pace we can deliver a better product to our customers. To do so we target our efforts in several key areas:
-Quality and reliability of key business critical datasets
-Ability to build and iterate on machine learning models
-Ability to capture analytics efficiently and securely
-Systems and infrastructure supporting data at scale
In each of these areas, it is our responsibility to understand the related needs of the business and ultimately deliver the capabilities that will help us unlock the most value for our customers.
As our Data Platform PM you will help us identify, maintain, and incrementally deliver value on an evolving set of priorities in the Data Platform space. Doing so will require using all of the tools in your PM toolbox including understanding the needs of our customers, collecting and reporting on data, and developing the product artifacts (e.g., strategy, roadmaps, user stories, briefs) that keep the team engaged, aligned, and excited. Day to day you might find yourself conducting user interviews, participating in a backlog refinement session, writing a product brief, poking through product usage metrics, researching the data technology landscape, or updating our internal product documentation. Outside of the Data Platform space specifically, you’ll help us level-up PM best practices at Plaid to make sure they include your hard-won discoveries of what works and what doesn’t!
What excites you
- Understanding the internal users and consumers of data at Plaid
- Driving vision and strategy across our Data Platform offerings
- Developing roadmaps and specs that inform engineering on the most important problems to be solved
- Partnering with engineering teams to deliver solutions across organizational boundaries
- Building platforms that enable teams to build great products
- Defining how we measure the success of our products
- Engaging with the industry on platform trends and innovation
- Helping evolve our product culture, discipline, and practices
What excites us
- Your excitement about the power and potential of data!
- Experience in successfully building and shipping technical products or platforms
- Demonstrable understanding of data-related technologies at scale
- Expertise in data engineering, ML platforms, data analytics
- Strong empathy for customers — both businesses and end-users
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- An ability to bring clarity to ambiguous situations involving complex tradeoffs
- Comfort applying a combination of qualitative and quantitative methods to measure success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 3-5+ years of product management experience, ideally 3 or more specifically in the Data Platform space operating at a senior level.