Front-End Developer – Shop This City
Shop This City is a multi-store, multi-brand searchable locator tool for boutique fashion and lifestyle shoppers.
Our core product is a mobile application that allows users to search for clothing, beauty and lifestyle items in local boutique stores that have partnered with us. Allowing us to present live inventory of thousands of items searchable and sortable by location, brand, style, and more. We will be expanding to offer tools to our partner stores, brands and trend reporting to industry stakeholders, as well as working with new cities. Our products target the problematic space of clothing retail online, which suffers from very high return rates and low consumer confidence. We promote “Browse digitally, Shop locally”.
Shop This City is seeking a skilled front-end developer with experience in React JS to join our growing team. As a front-end developer, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining the user interface for our software products and B2B tools.
This is a full-time remote position, but candidates must be located in British Columbia, Canada. Shop This City offers a flexible work environment, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a supportive team culture.
- Develop and maintain user interfaces for Shop This City’s software products (web applications) and B2B tools using React JS.
- Work closely with the back-end development team to ensure seamless integration of front-end components with the microservices.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure the best user experience for our products.
- Optimize the performance of user interfaces and implement responsive design for various devices.
- Write and maintain unit tests and documentation for developed code.
- Debug and troubleshoot issues in the production environment.
- Participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback and ensure adherence to coding standards.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, technologies and best practices in front-end development.
- Experience in React JS
- Familiarity with React frameworks, ideally Next.js
- Knowledge/experience usingTypeScript is essential.
- Experience with responsive design and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience with Redux and GraphQL is desirable.
- Experience building and maintaining PWAs is highly desirable
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field is desirable, or equivalent experience in a related field.
Shop This City offers a flexible work environment, opportunities for growth and professional development, and a supportive team culture.