Head of People | Remotive.com
Position: Head of People
Reports to: CEO
Works closely with: VP, Finance & Operations
Practice Better is changing how Health & Wellness (H&W) professionals are working around the world. H&W professionals have been underserved for too long with software solutions primarily focused on the medical community at large. With the Practice Better platform, H&W professionals can manage the entire client management experience, in addition to their entire practice in one place, managing activities like billing, scheduling, progress tracking, and other client management activities. Thousands of Dietitians, Nutritionists, Health Coaches, Naturopathic Doctors, and Functional Medicine Practitioners trust Practice Better to streamline their workload and help their clients reach their health goals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Head of People to lead the recruitment for a recently-funded startup. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who loves to build high-performing and diverse teams, develop systems, and have a big impact on the culture and employee experience of a fast-growing startup.
You will work closely with our CEO and Management Team to develop people programs, practices, and processes that are thoughtful, equitable, and aligned with our business objectives. As our team continues to grow it is important to us that you’re able to plan ahead and anticipate how business decisions, proposed initiatives, and changes in the external environment might impact the direction of our people strategy today and in the future.
You will work both virtually and from our central, downtown WeWork office, which provides lots of opportunities to network, unlimited coffee and tea, and regular social events! Although we are currently operating on a mostly-remote basis, we are exploring a hybrid model where employees would work remotely from home some days and come into the office on other days.
- Recruitment: Partner with the Management Team and Hiring Managers to identify hiring needs, design inclusive hiring/interview processes, and build and maintain strong talent pipelines by staying active on job boards, social networks, and platforms to find quality candidates and to meet competitive hiring goals and expectations
- People Strategy: Work closely with the CEO and the VP, Finance & Operations to establish short and long-term people strategies with an equity lens in areas including but not limited to talent attraction, growth and development, and retention.
- Employer Branding: Develop a strong employer brand within the community and build a high-growth recruiting strategy
- Performance Management: Manage the formal and informal performance management processes.
- Talent Retention: Lead development and execution of employee engagement and retention strategies, plans, and initiatives. Design and implement employee training, incentivizing compensation, mentoring, and professional development plans.
- Culture Building: Play an active role in culture building for the entire team by building annual social calendars, curating inclusive events, and other team-building activities on a regular basis.
- Benefits: Take charge of day-to-day benefits administration, answering questions, keeping track of usage to determine which benefits have the most impact, and negotiating group benefits renewals annually.
- Process Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities to improve the employee experience and other company-wide processes that impact team members.
- Compliance & Recordkeeping: Ensure compliance with labor laws, employment legislation and recordkeeping requirements and best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in a People Operations and Talent Acquisition role. Experience at a high-growth software company is a plus
- Experience managing full-cycle recruiting and employer branding initiatives
- Passionate about building and maintaining a strong team culture. You enjoy creating HR programs that deliver a great experience for all employees that balance a high-performing environment with a fun place to work
- Desire to work as a team with a focus on metrics-driven results
- You have the ability to anticipate the implications of strategic and operating business decisions as they relate to our people
- Ability to perform at a high level without requiring supervision to produce remarkable results
- Ability to coach leaders and team members on day-to-day matters and complex issues
- Sound knowledge of relevant employment and workplace legislation
- Experience working with teams in both Canada and US a bonus
We are proud to offer:
● A friendly and inclusive culture that prioritizes weekly team bonding and monthly company-wide social events. We pride ourselves on maintaining a culture where everyone feels engaged, inspired, and excited to come to work every day
● 100% employer-funded health and dental benefits, plus an HSA balance, starting from day 1
● Home office equipment (laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset – what you need to perform at your best!)
● An annual Professional Development allowance for continuous, self-directed growth and learning opportunities
● An annual Health & Wellness allowance for you to be well and work well
● Monthly employer-paid subscription to Dialogue for all employees, where you can book same-day appointments with a licensed primary or mental health care professional over a video call. The subscription also includes an enhanced EAP (Employee Assistance Program) plan with access to speak to a licensed professional over video call about family/legal/financial/career/stress and wellness-related topics.
● 4 weeks paid vacation
● 5 paid sick / mental health days
We invite all Interested applicants to submit an application (including a resume, cover letter, and Linkedin profile) through Workable.
Practice Better is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Practice Better is proud to be a diverse and equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors