Junior Talent Acquisition Specialist | Remotive.com
🌎 Location: Remote
🕛 Working hours: 40 hours p/week
We are not your typical social media agency. 🔥 We are The Social Element. Our number one focus is to help brands build genuine human connections with their consumers. We partner with our clients to find business solutions through human interactions driven by data and insights. We use insights to form strategy, then execute across all areas of social, including community management, listening, content, reporting, and crisis management.
The Opportunity 🏆
Our Talent team is growing and we are looking to bring in a new Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our people team, and work with us to manage the global day-to-day recruitment for a wide range of junior to mid-level roles, and contractors (multilingual community managers and social media moderators).
This is a hands-on environment where you will be working with the rest of the Talent Team to manage several vacancies at once. We would love for someone to come in with fresh and innovative ideas to help us to shape the way we approach recruitment at the agency, from revising our hiring and selection methods, improving employer branding as well as ensuring we have an inclusive approach.
**This is a full time position available as fully remote anywhere within the East Coast of the US. We are open to discussing flexible working patterns**
What you’ll do 📅
- 360 recruitment management: Screening, shortlisting, scheduling interviews, issuing and marking assessments and verifying candidates’ availability against the resource gap
- Partnering with the hiring manager: conducting role intake meetings, agreeing timelines for hire, interview process, assessment tasks and where the role will be advertised
- Growing talent pools: proactively sourcing and identifying potential talent through social media and networking, for key roles and languages, and maintain contact in line with GDPR, Data Protection
- Sourcing talent: engaging with both passive and active talent through the use of sourcing techniques e.g Boolean queries, Social media, Recruit’em, and creative search techniques; with a priority focus on attracting a diverse pool of candidates
- Collaborate in Recruitment projects: Assisting the People team and Talent Team to work on projects
Who you are 👇
- Proactive and friendly approach: We have an inclusive culture and we care about our people and our candidates regardless of whether their application is successful. You must have a caring attitude, and be happy working autonomously.
- Superb organisational skills and a natural multitasker: It can get quite busy handling many roles at one time, correcting assessments, and going back and forth with candidate conversations, so we’re looking for someone who can remain calm under pressure.
- Having a drive to learn & improve: You’re constantly looking for better ways to enhance recruitment practices by keeping abreast of the latest techniques and trends. Eg: D&I, social media recruitment, sourcing techniques, employer branding.
- A born team player: We are a tight-knit team and we work collaboratively.
- Open to share ideas, learn and receive feedback: You want to add value to the team by making suggestions, as well as learning from your colleagues.
- Entry level experience in either a talent acquisition/recruitment/admin role (essential)
- Up-to-date knowledge of recruitment changes and trends, especially in the current market
- Confidence using LinkedIn, LinkedIn Recruiter Lite or any similar CRM platform
- Some knowledge of ATS, social media and networking tools
- Awareness of key job boards and their strengths
- Flexible schedule to be able to support hiring across the US and Europe
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with awareness of communication with people from different cultures.
HIRING PROCESS 🔍
All our interviews and/or assessments are done remotely via Google Meet. This is our standard process but may vary slightly depending on the role.
📋 Online Assessment
⚙️ Capabilities Interview (60 mins)
💛 Values Interview (60 mins)
📨 Final Decision
🏠 100% Remote working
🌞 33 days of holiday (including the bank holidays) Increasing with length of service up to a maximum of 36 days PTO.
🎂 Birthday off
🐕🦺 Annual Occasion Day off for an important event (such as helping a new pet settle, your wedding or moving home)
🙏 1 Volunteer day off
😷 Paid Sick time off
⚕️ Group Insurance Medical plans with generous employer contribution, including one plan that is employer covered
🤓 Dental and Vision plans
🏦 FSA & HSA Options, with employer contribution to HSA on select plans
👴🏽👵 401k with employer matching
🌻 Employer Paid Long-Term/Short-Term Disability
🧑🤝🧑 Enhanced family friendly policies.
👩⚕️ Wellbeing Support
🏖️ Flexible Fridays
The Social Element values
Work according to the company values
Do it Well 💪
Be One Team 🧑🤝🧑
Do the Right Thing ✔️
Keep Pioneering 💡
Make Them Smile 😃
Our Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Commitment
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Our recruitment process is fair, transparent and based on merit, skill and experience related to the role. We welcome applications from diverse and under-represented groups regardless of their background.
We value having divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at The Social Element. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please if you think you have what it takes, we encourage you to still apply — we’d love to hear from you!🙂
How To Apply 🖊️
If all this sounds like you, simply upload your resume and a cover letter (or a link to your cover letter video if you prefer). *Make sure to include the following details in your cover letter/video. 💙
- Details of your professional experience in recruitment/talent acquisition
- Details of what valuable skills, knowledge and/or experience you can bring to this role
- Why you are interested in being part of our team at The Social Element