Lead Data Engineer | Remotive.com
Spacelift is the most flexible management platform for Infrastructure as Code, helping DevOps teams manage cloud infrastructures simultaneously, providing automation, visibility, and collaboration. It was co-founded in 2020 by long-time DevOps practitioner Marcin Wyszynski and successful entrepreneur Pawel Hytry.
Spacelift is super easy to start with – our customers can go from zero to fully managing their cloud resources within less than a minute, with no prerequisites. It works with any IaC setup and can work as a self-hosted agent on infrastructure, offering maximum security without sacrificing functionality. Our solution is built on well-known and well-loved open-source components like Docker and Open Policy Agent, allowing complete customization while maintaining sensible defaults.
Top venture capital firms, including Insight Partners, Blossom Capital, Hoxton Ventures and Inovo Venture Partners back us. Spacelift has raised $22.6M in funding over three rounds.
What will you do
- Manage a BI/data engineering team that builds the infrastructure to collect and deliver data where needed for the marketing, sales, and product teams;
- Work closely with heads of business teams to ensure they have the data they need;
- Lead and facilitate the discussion on the data tech stack and the tooling in Spacelift;
- Take over end-to-end technical ownership of the data projects from business understanding to deployment and monitoring;
- Actively participate in data projects;
- Support providing advanced analytical capabilities to our platform.
- Experience working closely with business teams to support business processes in a B2C or B2B startup,
- Proven exposure in rolling out a company-wide analytical stack;
- Hands-on experience in building ELT, preferably with dbt or tools from GCP or AWS,
- Good programming skills, preferably Python,
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (for example, Postgres, MariaDB, Amazon RDS) and NoSQL,
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions (for example, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, and metabase),
- Excellent communication skills.
Our data tech stack
- dbt, AWS Redshift, AWS Aurora, Google BigQuery, metabase, segment.io, stitchdata, Amplitude, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, PowerBI (legacy), Salesforce, and Hubspot
- Video call with Recruiter – 30 minutes
- Video call with Hiring Manager – 45 – 60 minutes
- Home Assignment – minutes spent – up to you
- Video call – Home Assignment follow-up – 60 minutes
- Culture call
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and equity package.
- 26 days of paid time off annually + local bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours and a healthy 40-hour workweek.
- Awesome monthly allowance to spend on benefits.
- Company offsites.
- Work from anywhere in Europe (CET +/- 3h). We are a full-remote company.
- Work in an international, diverse, dynamic, and passionate team with a friendly and supportive company culture.