Manager, Corporate Development and Strategy
A bit about us
We’re at the forefront of one of the most exciting evolutions of our generation – remote employment. No longer do employers have to hire according to geography, and no longer do employees have to worry about proximity to work and daily commutes. Today, companies can hire the best talent they can find, anywhere in the world, but they need digital solutions to help them streamline the process.
Welcome to Multiplier! Our global employment platform empowers companies to hire people all across the world by managing the complexities of local compliance, labour contracts, payroll, benefits and taxes – all from one software system.
We’re on a mission to impact economies of scale by enabling companies to hire the best candidate for the job, regardless of location. We’re funded (backed by Sequoia and Golden Gate Ventures to name a few), growing, and seeking brilliant like minded enthusiasts to join our team.
This role sits within a central team responsible for corporate development, corporate strategy, financial planning, and other internal strategic initiatives. The head of the department reports to the CEO of the group.
- Capital Raising and M&A — end-to-end support on deals
- Strategic internal projects — acting as PMO for major internal projects such as international expansion or creation of a new business line
- Market Intelligence — Keep abreast of market developments, competitors, running appropriate benchmarking, making recommendations to C-level as needed
- Business initiatives — Engage and collaborate with company leaders and other function heads to support business analysis, and back up initiatives and proposals with robust financial analysis
- Investor relations — board and investor updates, presentation material, and data analysis
- Strategic finance — corporate level financial decision making, target setting, runway planning, investment requirements
- 2-3 years of management consulting or investment banking experience in a top-tier firm is preferred
- Corporate development or corporate strategy experience in a startup is a plus
- Strong commercial awareness and finance fundamentals are key to the role
What we’ll provide for you
- Ability to work fully-remotely
- Working with a compassionate, energetic, inspired, ambitious, and diverse team
- Opportunity to grow within a fast-growth business
- Competitive benefits and compensation
- Unlimited holiday policy, and autonomy to manage your time/business as needed
A bit about you
You absolutely love the responsibility associated with building a unique and inspired workforce. Startups excite you because you covet the opportunity to contribute to building something special, early on. You’re progressively minded, creative, accountable, and quirky in your own way. If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
Equal employment opportunity
Multiplier is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.