Manager, Talent Acquisition | Remotive.com
FutureSight is a leading North American venture studio that co-creates world-class software companies with values-driven entrepreneurs from inception to exit. We are a team of founders, operators and designers with experience successfully bringing software to market at scale. You’ll work closely with John Carbrey, a 4x entrepreneur who has experience across several verticals in B2B SaaS and bootstrapped his past venture from 0 to $100M in ARR. You’ll also work closely with some of our other leaders, including Joshua, a seasoned CFO and strategic advisor who has taken tech companies to exit with a value of over $200M; Kevin, a product leader who specializes in growing companies successfully from 0 to 1 and beyond; and Prathna, an active early stage investor and strategic advisor to founders on capital strategy, growth and team development.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Manager to join our core Studio leadership team. Talent is the most crucial ingredient when building a startup. You will work closely with our studio team and portfolio ventures to lead the function; source high-quality candidates, build a strong talent pipeline and attract the best founders and early employees as we rapidly scale. You will also be responsible for continuously improving how FutureSight’s talent function works.
This role requires a go-getter, and an action-oriented person to attract, hire and develop high-potential talent for the core Studio team and our portfolio ventures. You are a team player, fast learner, and executer. You can make bold decisions even in uncertain contexts, and you are passionate about improving every process. You will work directly with a smart, goal-oriented, and innovative team.
This is a full-time role and the location is flexible within North America.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for building and managing the Talent Acquisition function; Develop and drive a comprehensive talent acquisition strategy and initiatives
- Executive Recruiting
- You will be an individual contributor and a team leader
- Lead and execute on full-cycle recruitment by sourcing and identifying qualified founder candidates, supporting the interview, feedback, verification, and onboarding process
- Building a team to help execute
- Recruit exceptional founders by leveraging various channels
- Connect with entrepreneurial communities to foster meaningful engagement and raise awareness and interest in our programs
- Work closely with our ventures from conception to execution, having a distinct influence on their team development
- Continuously cultivate and develop new relationships with potential hires
- Lead strategic resource planning and human capital budgeting
- Develop, implement and coach training and development programs for Studio and venture teams
- Drive accountability and continuous improvement through key recruiting metrics reporting
- Liaise with Accounting and Administration teams on payroll and grant funding
- Maintain and nurture a database of potential candidates for future consideration
Seeking a professional with 5+ years of experience in recruiting and community-building (bonus), who possesses:
- Experience with executive recruiting
- Thorough understanding of what makes a team successful
- Comprehension of an entrepreneur’s drive, motivation, and risk appetite for venture building
- Experience managing and leading a team of at least 2-3 people
- Experience in launching and managing community initiatives
- Familiarity with the North American startup and venture capital ecosystem
- Demonstrated interest in recruiting, technology, and innovation
- Innate ability to select high-caliber talent, working to ensure candidates are a true match
- Strong communication abilities, with an emphasis on empathy, curiosity, and clarity
- Collaborative, organized, and eager to learn and share best practices
- Goal-oriented and high project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Hands-on and resourceful
- Experience in a recruitment firm or function
- HR Certification or Education
- Deep understanding of the talent acquisition process and tools
- A keen eye for candidate experience
- An integrated understanding of DEI principles in recruitment
- Thrive in a startup environment and subscribe to lean methodologies
- Curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick
- Ability to look at things from a business point of view
- Join a forward-thinking and collaborative team
- Exciting opportunities to work and create significant impact with multiple new innovative entrepreneurial teams
- Exceptional growing environment, with challenging work
- Highly entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
- A supportive and inclusive culture that values your personal growth and goals
- Potential to earn equity in the Studio and new ventures invested. The equity upside has the potential to be 10x the short-term compensation sacrifice.
- Remote work, flexible vacation time, and work-life balance
Join a team of thought leaders that actively invests in building a nurturing, collaborative and rewarding culture. Visit our application form to upload your resume.