Mobile Engineer at Osho
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a real difference in your next role?
At Osho, our purpose is to radically accelerate the clean-energy revolution – starting with smarter, safer, and more efficient homes. We’re focused on improving experiences for people through the application of technology, data, and a deep understanding of human behaviour.
Why? As a society, we must decarbonise and accelerate the transition to alternative energy sources. Existing solutions are expensive and disparate, with limited functionality.
Osho is driven by purpose, real innovation, and ambition. We have a talented team across New Zealand, with a creative space by the beach in Takapuna and a Design Lab in Christchurch where our physical products come to life.
We closed a $12m capital raise late 2021, so we’re well funded and ready to grow. Our team is smart, curious, and has some big goals – so if you’re interested in joining a fast-growing startup that is design-led and puts people at its core, then we’d love to hear from you!
We’re also currently in stealth mode, so check out our website, and we’ll share more with you during the recruitment process 😁
As our digital team is rapidly growing, we are now looking for an experienced Mobile Engineer to help us build our mobile capabilities and launch our digital experience to market!
If you are a Mobile Engineer passionate about designing and developing complex mobile solutions and have a strong technical understanding of current mobile technologies and concepts to make independent and informed decisions for client projects, apply below!
Some of the things that you might be involved in include:
- Work closely with Product and Design to define product features
- Working closely with QA Engineers for testing and deployments
- Developing new features
- Maintaining and improving app CI/CD pipeline.
- Automating app deployment and publication process
We value UI and design as highly as core ‘to the metal’ coding – we believe that one needs the other to create wonder in people’s lives, and that’s exactly what we do!
We think you’ll be a fit for this role if you possess the following:
- Around 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Proficiency in native mobile development (iOS and/or Android, ideally both)
- In-depth knowledge of the apps release cycle
- Communication skills for a highly collaborative software development process
- A personal commitment to continuously learn and improve
- Experience with source control such as Git
- Experience getting things done both in a team, and as an individual
- Knowledge that great products are a combination of design, code and a dash of love.
- The best resume includes links to your apps for us to check out
- A passion for the latest technologies
Please note: this role is a fully remote position so we will consider candidates in any locations across New Zealand!
- A competitive salary and employee share scheme (ESOP)
- A remote-first culture – work from home or come into the office, it’s totally up to you
- Great new headphones when you join
- One-off payment to support setting you up to work from home
- Flexible hours – we focus on effort and outcomes, so adjust your hours around your children, hobbies, or other commitments.
- Fun team events throughout the year (ziplining, knife throwing, lawn games, what’s next?)
- Office dogs 🐶
- Unlimited annual leave so that you can take the time that you need to re-energise
- Newly-refurbished offices in Auckland (by the beach) and Christchurch (by the park)
- The opportunity to learn and develop from some of the best and brightest minds in the industry!
We’d love to hear from you! No need to submit a cover letter – just click ‘apply’ to answer a few short questions of ours (we find this gives us more insight) and attach your CV.
If you have any questions about the role, fire them over to Stephanie at [email protected]