Operations Manager | Remotive.com
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Maximum Impact Tours was founded by entrepreneur, playwright, author, and philanthropist, Jay Cameron. Realizing that most of his life had been consumed working domestically, a trip to Ghana changed his perspective. His experience transformed the way he saw traveling. As a result, he set out to encourage others to see the world through their own eyes and not only through the eyes of television and social media.
Maximum Impact Travel’s vision is to bring together those who want to visit and learn more about the African diaspora.
OPERATIONS MANAGER JOB SUMMARY
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the overall management and performance of the company’s operations. In this role you’re expected to be a hands-on leader, working side-by-side with your team to stay up to date on their work, challenges, and accomplishments. This role will be utilized to mentor your team members, find ways to increase the quality of customer service, and implement best practices across all levels. The Operations Manager oversees each department to ensure the company is performing to its highest potential through strategy, performance improvement, and ensuring compliance.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assist the CEO in implementing their vision and determining the needs of the business
- Manage and direct internal and external operations and administrative support personnel
- Design, implement, and maintain business operation systems, policies, and procedures to improve day-to-day operations
- Create and maintain operations performance reports and provide direction and implement programs to improve the performance of the operations against goals
- Ensure customer satisfaction is measured and goals are met; implementing plans for continuous improvement
- Ensure the team’s compliance with the company’s internal and external policies
- Assist with budget analysis and cost management
- Seek opportunities to review operational processes and the commercial relationship with the customer, provides and implements suggestions for improvement
- Provide team feedback, coaching, and development on performance through regular meetings, annual performance reviews, and ad hoc coaching
- Oversee and assist the team members in balancing priorities and managing their workload so team KPIs are consistently achieved
- Serve as the organization’s main administrative decision-making and planning body
- Work with other management personnel to develop and implement an annual administrative budget
- Make changes in policy and procedures to help improve customer service and satisfaction
- Lead the coordination and integration of operations, administration, sales, and marketing divisions to produce smoother workflow and more cost-effective business processes
- Maintain a positive image of the organization in the eyes of its employees, customers, industry, and community
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality and Management or equivalent experience in the same field
- A proven track record in an extensive and diversified background with at least 5-7 years of related experience or more
- High-level skills in customer service
- Experience dealing with diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Thorough understanding of business processes, theories, and policies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Dedication to team building and excellent management skills
- A self-starter who can deal with stressful situations and think creatively to solve problems
- Exceptional attention to detail, even under pressure
- This is a remote role
- This role will require the person to communicate using email, company chat, video conferencing, and the phone
- The employee will be looking at screens for extended periods of time.
*Note: This job description covers the essential job duties required to do this job, it does not cover additional duties and responsibilities that might be assigned by management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Maximum Impact Travel is committed to fostering diversity and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made on the basis of business needs, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.