Operations Strategy Lead – Cost Optimisation
Volta Trucks, a hypergrowth European Electric Truck Manufacturer, is looking for an Operations Strategy Lead – Cost Optimisation to join our Operations Business Office. This is a hybrid role split between the manufacturing facility in Steyr, Austria, UK and remote working.
This is a unique opportunity to join an expanding Operations Business Office at a crucial and exciting time for the business as it continues to scale. The role offers variety, autonomy and opportunities to work on essential topics which are critical to the company’s success long term.
What you will do:
Working within the Operations Business Office and reporting into the Head of Operations Strategy, you will be tasked with establishing processes, tools and execution of cost optimisation (Product) within Volta. You will create the foundation and allow the business to demonstrate and execute cost optimisation philosophy throughout the company. In addition to this, the role will take ownership over the execution of the ‘make or buy’ work package.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to deliver fact-based analysis for our Make or Buy forum (Chief of Product, Chief of Manufacturing & Logistics and Head of procurement)
- Lead the development of Volta’s operations functions to drive internalisation/make vs buy decisions.
- Lead the introduction and maintenance of a cost optimisation process across the business.
- Incorporation of best practices in the areas of implementation level concepts (Design to value/Design to cost), philosophies, best of best benchmarking, bottom-up costing into the process
We would like you to have:
- Technical degree – Business, Economics, Engineering discipline is desirable
- Ability to gather, manipulate data and create effective reporting and scenario analysis
- Strong stakeholder engagement and management experience/ability
- Previous experience within the automotive industry would be highly advantageous (OEM or supplier)
- Proven strategic project management experience in a collaborative and cross-functional working environment
Our culture and Valued Behaviours
- We are a scale-up, so structures and processes can be new and constantly evolving.
- We are a diverse business, from many nationalities and backgrounds.
- We really value our people. We have a flexible & remote work environment and a great benefits package & pension scheme.
- You will have a genuine opportunity to make an impact on the business and society as a whole.
- You should closely share our values of safety, sustainability, and electrification.
- Be adaptable, resilient, and open to change
Urban delivery is currently one of the most polluting activities in our cities. Traditional diesel trucks continue to pollute the air, and cause health and safety challenges to residents, while bringing necessary goods into city centres, because there hasn’t been an alternative. Until now.
Volta Trucks has developed the first ground-up full-electric commercial vehicle, paired with an innovative and highly disruptive business model. Founded in 2019, and having raised €300M of funding to date, we are bringing the full-electric Volta Zero to market at industry-leading pace and scale to help accelerate the transition to a sustainable future.