People Advisor | Remotive.com
Te Tākinatanga | Our Story
He aha te mea nui o te ao. He tāngata, he tāngata, he tāngata
What is the most important thing in the world? It is people, it is people, it is people.
We think this proverb captures the spirit of this amazing opportunity within our People Experience (PE) Function. We are looking for a natural born leader to join the team. This role has the special task of providing HR advice and support to our people that is simple, efficient and enables them to get on with their day to day life is crucial.
We have worked hard to be become trusted advisors who enable our people across all of the employee journeys. Transforming their experiences for the better and taking a continuous improvement approach to ‘how we do things’ at Contact.
He aha te ia o tēnei mahi? | What’s this role about?
This role is not for the faint hearted. You will be known by your peers as a doer with a high work ethic and high integrity. You are someone that people gravitate to for advice and guidance because you take the time to listen. We promise no two days will be the same and you will have plenty of opportunity to flex your HR expertise, here’s a sneak peek into some of the mahi you will be focused on:
- Provide generalist HR expertise to our people leaders and employees across all facets of the employee experience
- Provide support and coaching to our advisor team, lifting their capability and ability to support complex HR requirements
- Support the continuous improvement of the PE function and wider COE, this may include leaning into large programmes of work as the HR expert.
Tā mātou e kimi nei? | What are we looking for?
First and foremost you will be a people centric human with a real flair at reading a room. This type of intuition allows you to build relationships quickly and with depth. We are also looking for some specific experience across the HR sector. In particular:
- A sound generalist HR background, and a working knowledge of HR practices and employment legislation
- Building and managing excellent relationships across the business to foster great business outcomes.
- Flexibility and judgement to adapt your approach to suit a wide variety of projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Keep up-to-date with all NZ HR legislation and changes to ensure continued accuracy of the company processes and procedures.
Tono mai | How to Apply
If you want to join an organisation in an exciting time of change and growth, a role that provides plenty of learning and development opportunities – then don’t delay – apply now!
We will be reviewing candidates as applications are received and may appoint during the advertising period.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs where they meet 60% of the criteria, women and those in underrepresented groups tend to only apply if they tick every box. We’re not about box ticking, so if you think you have what it takes but don’t meet everything stated above, please still get in touch. We’d love to kōrero.