People & Culture Generalist I
**This is a virtual / 100% remote position based in the U.S.**
The P&C Generalist ensures that human resources programs support the long-term goals and growth of the company by planning, managing, and implementing a variety of HR tasks and projects. In this role, you’ll manage a variety of administrative functions and responsibilities as you collaborate with all EE teams and vendors and navigate the overall enhancement and development of a positive experience for our employees and candidates.
- Manage P&C Projects and ensure alignment with company culture.
- Effectively set and communicate with team members.
- Ensure consistency and alignment with the company’s mission, vision, values, and branding.
- Collaborate with sub-teams such as IT, Hiring Managers, EAs, etc as appropriate.
- Facilitate meetings and drive project issues through to resolution.
- Proactively manage and communicate ongoing changes in scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
- Research and develop HR Policies and Procedures for review by the Director of HR. Implement new policies in all systems.
- Support the ongoing development of best practices and tools for the HR team.
- Organize and maintain personnel files on all platforms according to policy and legal requirements. Ensure all employee records are up-to-date and confidential.(JustWorks, Bamboo, Google Drive, etc.)
- Provide daily support to the Director of HR for various HR/Admin-related tasks.
- Process, verify, and maintain documentation related to onboarding, training, evaluations, and PIPs.
- Bring recommendations to the team to improve processes and systems, review, and collaborate with the team on implementing a plan.
- Employee relationship management
- Onboarding: Manage logistics from the offer letter through the employee and contractor’s first day: distribute, process, and complete all paperwork on all platforms
- Follow up on the onboarding experience with a 30-day post-hire survey.
- Create new hire offer letters and proprietary rights agreements, ensuring the information in the letter is accurate, then send out the letters via HelloSign/ BambooHR.
- Manage offboarding, job changes, and employment verifications.
- Support special projects and programs either on an ad-hoc or ongoing basis.
- Assist in planning, training, and development of company-wide events.
- Provide support to employees and contractors in various HR-related topics, and resolve issues that may arise.
- Enhance employee job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly.
- Support performance review processes and employee engagement initiatives.
- Assist with creating job descriptions and maintenance of HR forms and folders.
- Assist with the recruitment process and lifecycle, including sourcing candidates, conducting initial assessments, first-line interviews, and offers, as well as coordinating the mobilization and onboarding process.
- Represent Empowered Education professionally to internal and external customers.
- Highly Productive: You have excellent attention to detail, organization, record-keeping, and time management skills, and feel fulfilled by completing tasks and projects. You work quickly and accurately to meet deadlines and have the ability to manage complex projects and multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment at a high level of competence.
- Excellent Communicator: You have exceptional presentation experience, verbal and written communication skills, and are perceptive and capable of developing and maintaining positive relationships with individuals at all levels within the organization as well as with external resources and applicants.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of experience with the most current tools/software and methods, strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, presentation, and critical thinking skills. Experience defining and documenting processes and driving continuous improvement to processes. Demonstrates the ability to build mutually-productive relationships and interact with senior management and key team members.
- Research Skills: You have the ability to research and identify trends in the industry/field, stay current on policies and procedures, have the ability to distill the information, and explain it to others.
- Highly Organized: You have strong organizational skills and are always looking for ways to become more efficient. You maintain clean, neat, and organized spaces (offline and online).
- Sense of Accountability: You own your work and take pride in everything you do. You are committed to quality and continuous improvement. You desire to work with a team with a results-driven approach.
- Proactive Problem Solver: You enjoy engaging with problems and the process of creating solutions. You are known for coming to the table with creative and useful ideas to overcome challenges and a strong passion for process improvement.
- Agile with Technology: You have experience using online applications such as Google Suite and previous experience with an applicant tracking system preferred.
- Flexible and Adaptable: You can quickly reorient and ground yourself when plans and priorities change.
- Team Player: You enjoy working collaboratively; you are an enthusiastic and high-energy individual who enjoys building bridges across teams and have the ability to contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Detail-Oriented: You have an eye for detail and are passionate about delivering mistake-free work. You can be counted on to be the last one to review a document before it goes public. You are motivated by excellence and willing to give the energy and time needed to achieve it.
- Confidentiality: You know how to handle sensitive and confidential information in the workplace.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, I/O Psychology, or a similar major strongly preferred.
This role requires an understanding of working in and with a virtual workforce. All applicants are expected to be successful working independently in a virtual setting.
This position takes place in a virtual office environment and there are no unusual physical demands. Travel may be required from time to time.
Empowered Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
Health Coach Institute, a wholly owned subsidiary of Empowered Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
Functional Nutrition Alliance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Empowered Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our team members.
Empowered Education is proud to have selected the following comprehensive benefits package to meet your personal and family needs.
- Health Insurance | Dental Insurance | Vision Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance & AD&D
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- *Supplemental Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- *Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
Additional PEO Benefits Programs
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Health Advocate
- Kind Body
- One Medical
Additional EE Benefits & Perks
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Volunteer Time | Paid Voting Time
- Paid Family Leave
- Equity For All
- Free access to our school’s programs
- Fully Remote Workforce
- Technology Allowance
- Wellness Program