People Relations Manager | Remotive.com
Are you ready to trade your job for a journey? Become a FlyMate!
Passion, excitement & global collaboration are all core to what it means to be a FlyMate. At Flywire, we’re on a mission to deliver the world’s most important and complex payments. We use our Flywire Advantage – the combination of our next-gen payments platform, proprietary payment network and vertical specific software, to help our clients get paid, and help their customers pay with ease – no matter where they are in the world.
What more do we need to truly be unstoppable? Perhaps, that is you!
Who we are:
Flywire is a global payments enablement and software company, founded a decade ago to solve high-stakes, high-value payments in education, using modern technology.
Today, we’ve digitized payments for more than 3,000 global clients across education, healthcare, travel & B2B, covering more than 240 countries and territories and supporting over 140 currencies. And, we’re just getting started!
With over 950+ global FlyMates, representing more than 40 nationalities, and in 14 offices world-wide, we’re looking for FlyMates to join the next stage of our journey as we continue to grow.
We, at Flywire, are seeking a People Relations Partner to support our next chapter of growth! The purpose of the People Relations team is to foster an environment where employees feel connected and can learn and grow. This role will drive and support employee relations programs, policies, and procedures across the company. Develop and implement programs to promote employee engagement and help provide counsel and guidance on issues related to performance, HR investigations, remediation of employment related disputes, and ensure alignment of the employee experience with organizational strategies, environment and culture.A successful candidate will connect with FlyMates at all levels, possess excellent communication skills, and be excited to collaborate with FlyMates across the World!
- Consult with leaders on people (employee) relations-related questions and concerns that involve a high degree of complexity or risk to the business.
- Lead and support investigations of people relations issues and concerns involving allegations where there is a high degree of complexity or risk to the business. Recommend resolution of issues in accordance with Flywire standards.
- Provide performance management consultation to ensure accurate interpretation of employment laws and regulations, and consistent development and delivery of corrective action.
- Build and maintain strategic partnerships with COE’s and cross-functional teams (including Legal, People Operations, Risk and Security Teams) and leadership teams across the organization.
- Identify, lead and/or participate in project work to ensure consistency across the organization and build leader capability in people relations.
- Interpret and drive the evolution of Flywire’s policies, procedures, standards and practices.
- Track and analyze case metrics and share insights. Share recommendations for building leadership capabilities.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and FlyMate experience in order to recommend systemic improvements
- Collaborate with People Ops and leaders and legal (as required) to evaluate and approve leaves and accommodations.
- Function as a business partner with leadership teams to develop and execute critical business and organizational strategies. Specifically our Client/Payer Support Organization.
- Build relationships with business leaders to offer thought leadership on organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Provide strategic partnership and mentorship to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the development, motivation, and retention of talent.
- Consult employees from all levels of the organization, HR Business Partners and Legal to deliver seamless support and establish professional credibility and mutual trust
Here’s What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Human Resources Management or Business Administration or Employment Law
- Minimum of five (5) years in a People Relations (Employee Relations) and or HR Business Partner Role in Human Resources
- Demonstrated success with employee relations, labor relations, and employment law
- Understanding and application of internal and external HR principles, concepts, practices, and standards
- Experience successfully implementing programs across geographically distributed teams
- Knowledge of local laws and statutes, which govern employment policies and practices. (International Experience a plus)
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks, and work in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, including Restricted Stock Units
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Flying Start – Our immersive Global Induction Program (Meet our Execs & Global Teams)
- Work with brilliant people that will keep you on your toes, learn more about their journeys by checking out #InsideFlywire on social media
- Dynamic & Global Team (we have been collaborating virtually for years!)
- Wellbeing Programs (Mental Health, Wellness, Yoga/Pilates/HIIT Classes) with Global FlyMates
- Be a meaningful part in our success – every FlyMate makes an impact
- Competitive time off including FlyBetter Days to volunteer in a cause you believe in and Digital Disconnect Days!
- Great Talent & Development Programs (Managers Taking Flight – for new or aspiring managers!)
Submit today and get started!
We are excited to get to know you! Throughout our process you can expect to meet with different FlyMates including the Hiring Manager, Peers on the team, the VP of the department, and a skills assessment. Your Talent Acquisition Partner will walk you through the steps and be your “go-to” person for any questions.
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 40 nationalities across 12 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.