Principal Data Science Consultant | Remotive.com
This opportunity is open to fully remote working or based at our Bicester or Cardiff office!
Established in 2011, HEOR is an independent, full service Market Access consultancy committed to delivering optimal outcomes for clients and for patients. A company founded on a passion for science and research, renowned for innovation and technical expertise, built of brilliant minds with a collective desire to deliver original, creative and successful solutions.
We are looking to welcome onboard a Principal level Consulting/Project Management professional to join our Data Science & Analytics team to lead on business/proposal development and project and people management whilst providing statistical expertise and mentoring to the DSA team.
- Statistical expertise: Undertake a range of statistical and analytical methods and techniques for different data types, study designs and research questions. Regularly providing expert advice and training on a range of statistical and analytical methods.
- Business development: Develop and support the sales pipeline in the Data Science and Analytics space – to include a variety of novel statistical and analytical solutions to address clients’ product lifecycle challenges.
- Client partnership: Provide support to clients throughout the pharmaceuticals product development lifecycle focusing on key data science areas:
- Real world data (e.g., CPRD, SEER, patient registries, etc.)
- Innovative statistics and modelling (e.g., machine learning, Bayesian approaches, instrumental variable methods)
- Clinical trials solutions (e.g., multi-level network meta-regression, indirect treatment comparisons, simulated control arms)
- Data visualisation (e.g., R Shiny)
- Project and people management: Manage a range of projects or workstreams within projects. The Principal Data Science Consultant will lead on and ensure the quality, accuracy, relevance, and timeliness of client deliverables.
- Proposal development and leadership: Develop and secure client proposals and actively identify opportunities to expand the Data Science and Analytics service offering.
- Expertise in multiple statistical methods relevant to HEOR is essential, such as: Indirect treatment comparison, network meta-analysis, matching adjusted indirect comparison, multi-level network meta-regression, simulated treatment comparison, or parametric and non-parametric survival analysis.
- Fluent in one or more statistical environments or programming languages (i.e. R, Stata, SAS, SQL, C++).
- Knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of different data access routes and data sources.
- Proven ability to create and sustain key relationships with counterparts in the business, and where relevant, with clients.
- Ability to keep self and team members focused on wider business objective, while delivering at pace.
- Experience working with patient level electronic health records/real-world data (e.g. CPRD/HES) and/or clinical trials data.
- Experience of machine learning or R Shiny applied to commercial research.
Why join us?
- Work as part of a renowned and growing team where emphasis is placed upon ideas.
- A ‘learning’ culture focused on personal development and supported by study bursaries.
- Flexible working, HEOR operates core hours of 10am-4pm, with option to work flexibly around these hours. We are committed to supporting work-life balance and family life and will consider any flexible working request.
- Private health insurance.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- Employees are given an additional day of leave for; their wedding and moving house.
- Annual leave purchase scheme of up to 10 additional days’ leave per year.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Range of high street, supermarket, restaurant, holiday and entertainment discounts via a benefits platform.
This advert will close on 12th March 2023 though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised.
HEOR does not provide sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route for candidates therefore candidates must have and be able to demonstrate permission to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications received we can only provide feedback to applicants selected for interview.