Product Manager | Remotive.com
About the Company
Makeship exists to empower influencers, creators, and brands of all sizes to develop and launch limited edition products that matter to their fans. Leveraging our design, manufacturing, and marketing expertise, we work with our partners to bring their product to life through our community-powered crowd-funding platform. Each product is given a window of 21 days to be funded by the community before we produce and ship to fans worldwide. We put our brand behind every product and guarantee quality and ethical sourcing. We’re profitable, have grown the team from 2 to 70 people in 4 years, and we’re growing at an average annual growth rate of 200%+.
About the Role
As an early member of the team, you’ll play a huge role in shaping our culture, our process, and the future of Makeship. Every day, you’ll collaborate learn more about the content creation space, and watch your work make an impact (on the company and their community!).
We want this to be the best work experience of your life, so we’ll pay you well, offer great benefits, invest deeply in your growth, and welcome you with our branded swag.
What We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Product Manager who’ll plan, develop and execute new features and digital products. We are looking for a highly organized product management leader. As a Product Manager, you’ll lead our tech team’s roadmap while collaborating with the rest of the executive team. You will also be joining one of Canada’s fastest-growing start-up companies!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Manage multiple digital products and set metrics, goals, and quarterly plans
- Interact with content creators and fans to source feedback and discover requirements
- Identify new products and features that support our mission and brand identity
- Collaborate closely with UI/UX and engineering teams in development and deployment
- Obsessively measure creator and fan experience, while designing features to improve it
- Discover platform inefficiencies and bottlenecks, and propose solutions
- Improve processes for iterating between product versions and measuring impact
- Engage with the entire lifecycle of digital product development
What You Bring
- Experience with full lifecycle product development: research to launch
- Experience researching and testing new products or features with customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with a variety of audiences
- Extremely customer centric mindset, creative and empathetic
- Ability to negotiate difficult tradeoffs and find win-win solutions for diverse stakeholders
- Highly organized approach to structuring work, setting time budgets, and getting things done
- Curiosity and intellectual humility… always hungry to validate ideas and be proven wrong
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset and comfort taking responsibility for new initiatives
Benefits & Perks
- Work remotely anywhere in Canada and/or access any of our hubs
- Health and dental benefits
- 3 weeks of paid vacation
- 1 week of paid time off during the holidays
- 2 mental health and wellness days
- Paid time off on your birthday
- Monthly phone allowance
- $400 home office setup allowance
- Pregnancy and parental leave top-up program
- Education Assistance Program
- Employee referral program
Makeship is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.