Product Owner at Ohalo
Working at Ohalo
Ohalo was founded in 2017 with the aim of creating order out of data chaos. Every day global enterprises are acquiring more and more data and understanding this data is critical to how these organisations operate. Ohalo’s flagship product Data X-Ray scans clients’ unstructured data to analyse, classify and redact data using machine learning and natural language processing. Our aim is to save our clients millions on data monitoring, avoiding regulatory fine risks, and be an asset to their customers’ data privacy.
You’ll be helping to protect the data rights of millions of our clients’ customers as the newest member of our talented team.
Ohalo is growing, and we are now in search of a sharp and mission-driven Product Owner – our first hire in this remit. As a Product Owner at Ohalo, you play a key role within our Product & Engineering team. Your expertise is key in collaborating with engineers to break features down into prioritised backlogs, taking ownership of defining, prioritising, and accepting the work delivered by the pods.Working hand in hand with the Product Manager, Product Designer, CTO and Engineering Manager, you help the team to make things happen.
There will be some asynchronous work, but you should anticipate a certain amount of Synchronous work given the nature of the Product Owner role – hence, the need for a minimum 5 hour overlap with 0900-1700 CET.
The Team – who you’ll be working with:
- Emma Lopez – Senior Product Manager
- Alistair Jones – CTO
- Dave Spooner – Engineering Manager
If you enjoy challenging work in a mission- and value-driven environment, this could be the role for you!
Location: Remote, with minimum 5hrs overlap with 0900 – 1700 CET
Travel Requirement: None
Report Line: Senior Product Manager
Key Stakeholders: Senior Product Manager, CTO, Engineering Managers, Engineering Team Members
Pay range: £45,000 – £60,000 depending on experience and location
- Work with the Product Manager to understand features and market needs, and convert these into a plan of action with cross functional pods
- Work in Agile with the Product & Engineering team to challenge and adapt our internal processes
- Collaborate with pods to break down, define, refine, prioritise and deliver work
- Effectively prioritise, considering what will deliver the greatest value to our product and our clients
- Ensure that the status of projects / features is updated and visible
- Take ownership of our product delivery through user acceptance testing
- Write user stories for new product features and define their acceptance criteria
- Review and provide feedback on deliverables, driving our product to be the best it can
- Proactively identify issues / areas for improvement in the product, not only organising but also contributing to the roadmap
- Previous experience as a product owner, project manager or similar
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an eye for product design
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Ability to translate everyday requirements to technical deliverables – and back
- Technical background with knowledge of software development
- Familiarity with startup or scale-up environment
- You’re passionate and you care a lot – you have a genuine passion for the data privacy & governance domain, and towards building trusting relationships with your colleagues and customers.
- You collaborate with and influence others – you’re a team player, who values collaboration and achieving things together.
- You’ve got excellent interpersonal skills – you have strong written and oral communication skills to effectively share knowledge and ideas and bring people along on the journey with you.
- You’re organised – you have strong attention to detail and time management skills, and ensure you meet release deadlines.
- You want to grow and you want your team to grow – you have a positive attitude towards change and uncertainty, and have a desire to continuously grow and learn.
- You embrace coaching – whether it is mentoring team members, or your own coachability.
- You’re endlessly curious – you actively seek to understand more through networking, questioning and research, and you persist while preserving relationships.
- You think strategically and make decisions – you have keen business acumen and approach problems from different angles. You use the available information to make effective decisions and recommendations.
- You walk it like you talk it – you keep your commitments and communicate if deadlines need to change.
Ohalo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We will provide reasonable support whenever it is required, in order to enable you to make an application, and throughout the recruitment process. Please use the application form to let us know should you require any assistance, or contact us in advance: [email protected]
Ohalo does not accept unsolicited resumes from any sources other than directly from a candidate. Ohalo will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited offer, even in a situation where Ohalo employs the relevant candidate.
📈 Meaningful Equity as a growing Series A company
💻 Stipend for new workstation & home office setup
🏝 25 days Paid Time Off officially (excluding public holidays); uncapped in practise
🏥 Paid Sick Leave
🏡 Flexible and Remote working: We are a remote working company and champion flexible working