Remote Adventure Sales Specialist (North America) at The Natural Adventure
Co-founded by Peter Duncan, ex-UK Chief Scout and BBC Blue Peter man, and Alex Pazderski, an avid hiker and acclaimed expedition kayaker, we are among the best experts in organizing walking & cycling holidays and adventure trips for independently-minded people. Starting in 2009 by developing several pioneering trekking itineraries in the Balkans, we now offer 500+ self guided walking holidays and cycling tours as well as a range of meticulously curated small group and privately guided tours, family and discovery trips. Having principal offices in London, Dublin and Sofia and 50+ field offices/representatives worldwide, we can serve our customers anywhere they go, providing 24/7 support.
We are currently looking for individuals with a passion for adventure travel to join our team in Adventure Sales Specialist roles full-time for an immediate start.
The position’s primary purpose is to maximise the sales of our tours, convert leads into bookings, arrange all booking components with our suppliers and provide exemplary service by email, live chat and phone to our customers, most of which are located in the UK and Ireland.
Your role will be to ensure that the customer has an unforgettable experience from initial enquiry to booking confirmation. Your strengths will centre around your ability to understand customer needs and communicate your passion for our trips. You should be equally at home responding to new customer enquiries, converting customer proposals to bookings and following up on leads. After a booking is made, you will arrange all the elements of the booking with our local suppliers (including hotels and local transfer companies) until booking confirmation. From time to time (during peak periods), you may also be asked to assist the Operations team in dealing with post-booking support requests, booking change requests, and preparing and sending pre-departure materials and travel documentation.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Maintaining extensive knowledge of all our products
- Answering email, live chat and phone enquiries politely, promptly and efficiently
- Tracking and following up with sales leads and making outbound sales calls as appropriate
- Converting leads into bookings
- Making all necessary booking arrangements with our local suppliers and/or our internal Operations team until booking is confirmed to the customer
- Experience in an adventure travel company, ideally specialised in self guided walking and cycling holidays, is highly desirable
- Passion for adventure travel is mandatory
- Understanding and sharing our values related to Responsible Travel is mandatory
- Experience with computer booking systems (ideally TourCMS), help desk and chat software (ideally Zendesk) is highly desirable
- Experience with email-based sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English must be native or of equivalent level
- Excellent email and phone manner and technique
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy
- Ability to work efficiently without supervision
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Friendly attitude and personal integrity
- Work from home or a co-working space convenient to you
- Flexible working time (note that you must be able to take shifts on evenings and weekends during peak season)
- Fixed base salary + competitive commission/bonus scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (increasing by one day each year until Y5) + bank holidays
- Great discounts for you and your friends/family members on Natural Adventure trips
- Up to 2 fam trips per year to European and overseas locations
- Outstanding learning and development opportunities
- Great multinational team and a rapidly growing company
The starting salary for an Adventure Sales Specialist is $30,000-$35,000, depending on your experience. As you become more experienced and If you meet all your targets with our commission scheme, you can expect a total annual income of $45,000-50,000+.