Remote Customer Support Engineer at Files.com
World Class Pay and Benefits
Starting Salary for a Customer Support Engineer at Files.com is $100,000 per year. We offer raises and equity as you grow in the organization.
In-House Training: We will teach you everything you need to know about the Files.com platform to be an effective Customer Support Engineer. And you’ll earn your full rate of pay for all training time.
Amazing Team and Peer Support: Our Customer Support team is one of the most tight-knit groups at the company. Everyone enjoys working together on Zoom every day.
Big Company Benefits: You’ll get full 🏥 Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage (plus 75% of Spouse/Family coverage too), 💰 401(k) with generous matching, 🎄 11 Company Holidays per year, and 🏖 20 PTO/Vacation days.
Brand New Laptop and $1,000: Upon signing, we’ll send you a brand new 💻 Apple laptop as well as $1,000 to outfit the rest of your home office with things like a monitor, webcam, keyboard, and mouse.
100% Remote Opportunity
We are very excited that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we have fully resumed company travel. 🎉
Files.com is an enterprise secure file transfer & automation app with over 6,000 paying business customers, including Target, Canonical, UPS, Leica, DirecTV, GoPro, Marriott, and more.
In this role, you will be:
- Responding to customer-initiated interactions such as phone calls and emails (one-on-one communication).
- Identifying software bugs and feature requests, and coordinating with the relevant team for handling.
- Providing after-hours emergency support assistance to customers on a rotating basis with other customer support team members.
- Taking a high-touch approach to support, encouraging frequent interaction with customers and working with them to a full resolution of any issues.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have real world experience deploying those skills.
- You bring a top-notch customer demeanor, including patience, understanding, and empathy.
- You can learn a process and then add to that process. For example, you can learn to use our knowledge base and playbook articles, and then contribute to make them better.
- You are known for being smart and getting things done. When you take on a project, your team knows you will handle it effectively and efficiently.
- You have a general understanding of a SaaS environment, including some experience (not necessarily expertise) with several of the following technologies: web applications, networking, internet communication protocols, APIs and/or programming languages, file integration tools and platforms (e.g., AWS, SharePoint, Zapier), and single sign-on tools (e.g., LDAP, Azure AD, Okta)