Remote Designer at Interaction Design Foundation
To support us during an exciting time of growth and expansion we are looking for an exceptionally creative and talented Designer. Are you a designer whose creativity just can’t stop driving you to help make products that inspire, resonate and endure? And what if you could channel your inspiration, passion, judgement and design prowess through the world’s best and most recognized design school?
The Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF) is the World’s leading online design school. We’re market leaders because the world’s leading design experts work with us to create our content and teach our students. We’re proud to say we’ve put together an amazing organization where people support, inspire, and challenge each other every day. Not only that, but we also get up each day to build a better future for millions of people around the world.
We’re primarily a remote company with around 50 employees, spread across 30 countries, and the Leadership team and founders are headquartered in Dubai. We’re growing fast and are set on course to grow even faster. But something’s missing. And we think it could be you.
- Play a key role in evolving the IxDF brand identity and implementing the visual design language across all touch points.
- Support, maintain and grow our platform’s design system and champion it across the business.
- Create and improve user experiences in core areas of our educational platform—from conducting user research, UX wireframes through to high-fidelity and highly polished designs.
- Work with user insights and data to craft the best online educational experience in the world.
- Collaboratively work with the development team, marketing team and member support teams to create and implement ideas that solve the needs of our members.
- Shape and refine UIs, copy, microcopy, communication, etc. so that we improve the biggest force of growth we have: The better we serve our members’ true needs, the more we grow.
- Work the ultimate magic of user experience design: that our viewers and readers can even forget they’re accessing what we offer them through their devices.
- Help us attain and maintain our vision as the world’s premier design education resource via a solution whose look, feel, functionality and more can’t be faulted… but always have room for improvement under your watchful eye.
Want even more challenges? If you’re willing to do the hard work of learning and growing, you’ll find virtually limitless opportunities waiting for you on the road ahead.
- Your responsibilities will range widely, so you must be adept at dividing broad duties into small, executable tasks and not lose sight of your overall mission. “Getting stuff done” is your middle name.
- You have between 5-7 years of hands-on experience in design including graphic design, UI and UX.
- You have outstanding design and communication skills, with a keen sense of the interface between design and business needs.
- You’re eager to discover the hard-to-find insights that help lead to the best solutions.
- You are results-driven and motivated by achievement and goals.
- You have strong social intelligence and empathy—and the ability to engage well with different types of people.
- You’re a practical idealist. You strive for perfection in everything you do, while understanding the delays that can come with waiting for something to be perfect.
- You know how to create great results through incremental quick wins and MVPs, and when to go all in to create something perfect.
- A high standard of core Graphic Design skills are a must: Typography, composition and layout,colour theory, with attention to detail across all. Illustration skills are advantageous.
- Candidate should be highly skilled with the following software:
Figma (including auto-layout, components and prototyping), Adobe CC; predominately Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Experience with: After Effects and or Video Editing would be advantageous, along with user testing experience.
- You are a native or bilingual English speaker.
- Please send us your resume and a portfolio that showcases your relevant skills to the role, including case studies and examples of your working processes.
- have experience with working remotely.
- are already a member of the Interaction Design Foundation.
- A full-time position, within a remote first organization.
- Work with a highly scalable business model where we’ve consistently created more than 50% growth year-on-year since 2013. Bootstrapped with zero investment capital but built purely on passion and consistency over time.
- Work directly with the Direct of Design where the distance between idea and execution is minimal.
- Work in a company culture where idealism meets high performance and excellence. You’ll need to be a practical idealist. As well-intentioned as they are, impractical idealists are counter-productive, whereas practical idealists make the world a better place.
- Daily video-based contact with your colleagues from elsewhere on the planet, and you’ll get to meet them on team trips 1–2 times per year.
- Work with people who have a hands-on attitude and a bias towards action as opposed to over-planning.
- Work in a highly agile organization with zero bureaucracy or corporate politics – but with a high level of orderliness and efficiency.
- Have the chance to feel the impact of helping an ever-growing design education brand boost its outreach to empower and enrich the lives of many, many more people, and an opportunity to impact the lives of tens of thousands of designers around the world.
- A team of true professionals with solid tools and procedures to help you.
- The opportunity to do the best work of your life—if you’re willing to invest what’s required.
- A culture of learning and excellence—coupled with care and respect.