Remote Full-Stack Engineer at Onkohealth
Onkohealth is hiring a remote full-stack engineer for our cancer healthcare journey and recovery support platform.
We’re a mature healthtech startup that’s now preparing to scale up. We’re delivering improved outcomes for cancer patient health and care giving, currently serving a number of UK healthcare providers, NHS trusts, and cancer care alliances.
Our patient-facing mobile app blends remote support and coaching from expert oncology practitioners with digital self-help approaches. This is managed by a clinician-facing web application and underpinned by data approaches that utilise clinical expertise and the latest research.
We’re building a new team to deliver upon our ambitious growth plans. It’s a relatively flat structured team, focused on delivering value and we work to a high standard. We’ll succeed through collaborating as a team, and by hiring colleagues who share our appetite for embracing and tackling new opportunities, for self-organising, continued learning and pairing.
Your personal coding focus may be oriented towards the back-end, or across the whole stack, optionally also including the mobile apps and all other aspects of our data, methods and pipelines. We’re especially interested in someone who relishes working right across projects entailing different technologies.
Once up to speed, your remit may include aspects such as
- Collaborating with clinical colleagues to understand the diverse needs of patients and clinicians, translating these into really usable solutions
- Taking web application product features from concept to delivery, closely integrated with our mobile app – e.g. digital health targets, nudges and rewards; reporting for practitioners; content provision; health indicator tracking; wearable data synchronisation; biomarker tracking and more
- Exploring decision trees and app automation, utilising biomarker data that embraces cancer health research
- Helping reduce technical debt, breaking a startup’s monolith into scalable components wrapped in unit tests
- Exploring architectural approaches, such as SOA or event-driven architecture
- Making delivery easy and predictable
- Implementing outputs of statistical analysis and data science
- Integrating with third party APIs and wearables
- Upholding compliance, regulation, data and accessibility requirements
- Third line application support, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Helping evolve our development culture, methods and tooling
We’re looking for
- Someone with broad full-stack engineering skills, and who loves learning
- A good understanding of software engineering and data security principles
- Technology agnostic and adept with Node.js, plus familiarity with a modern JS framework (we’re currently using Angular, likely moving to React)
- A good grounding in front-end technologies such as HTML5 and CSS3
- Skilled in API development, or ready to grow into this
- Familiarity with source control and versioning, and CI/CD principles
- Familiarity with AWS Cloud services
- Competent with SQL and MySQL or similar
- Appreciation for documentation, code quality and best practice, Agile and TDD
You may also bring – or like to gain – skills or knowledge around any of
Mobile app development; Swift/Java/Kotlin/React Native | refactoring | wearables | internationalisation | secure coding practices, OWASP Top 10 | algorithms and data science | establishing ETL pipelines and querying data warehouses | AWS, DevOps, CI, quality assurance
Salary and benefits
- £60,000 – £85,000 – reviewed at six months – we’re keeping an open mind
- 25 days holiday (and bank holidays) plus five days unpaid leave
- Flexible working practices – tell us what you need – e.g. optional four day week
- Personal development plan that you can shape, with budget for related training/certifications
Hiring process – all remote: informal chat with CTO, technical interview, final interview and meet founders
Location: fully remote, within the UK only. We’ll get-together in person fortnightly or monthly for team building, deep dives and ceremonies – expensed travel and with good notice.
Please note, we can only consider candidates that hold an established right to work in the UK.
Even if your CV isn’t ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITERS: Onkohealth has selected techfolk as its exclusive recruitment partner for this position and cold calling or speculative applications are not welcomed.