Remote Performance Marketing Lead at Nathan James
People-first company, design-first home.
Because we are a people-first company, we understood the importance of being fully distributed from the beginning. We strive to reduce friction at work while preserving the human experience. Taking this approach helps our teammates avoid compromising who they are or their values in pursuit of a career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As performance marketing lead, you will directly manage a team of four; an influencer/affiliate partnerships manager, an email specialist, and two contracted media buyers (social & search). This role reports directly to the CEO and will be directly involved in all DTC strategic plans including: social, conversion rate optimization, and site operations.
This role is responsible for:
- Defining channel specific customer profitable new customer CAC and target spend by period
- Defining and managing customer acquisition, promotion, growth and retention strategies by platform
- Defining and managing offer and creative ad strategy
- Analyze performance of marketing activities to find relevant signals in the noise of near-endless data
- Tactically executing test of new performance marketing channels
- Plan, implement, monitor and report on A/B and multivariate tests for sales funnels and landers that optimize conversion rates, AOV, RoAS and CPA of new customer acquisition campaigns
- Monthly sales, spend, and expense forecasting
Our current stack: Shopify Plus, Reviews.io, Rebuy, Replo, Northbeam, Shareasale, Klaviyo, Aftership, Google Analytics, Google Optimize, Zapier, Airtable, Amazon Quicksights and Rise.ai.
We also understand working for Nathan James isn’t the main function of your life, and we don’t expect that! We’ve found that a team member who will be happy and fulfilled as a remote team member at Nathan James is someone who generates their social energy and identity outside of work. That’s why we don’t create mandatory team hangouts or events. We focus on how to improve collaboration, not forcing engagement.
You have directly led the performance marketing of a 50 product+ DTC organization to over $40m in profitable sales. You’re an analytical leader, resourceful, and have a thorough understanding of key performance metrics across various channels and how that flows through to revenue and profitability. You enjoy being tactically just as much as leading a team.
You are an expert in direct to consumer performance / growth marketing and have deep tactical experience with both Facebook and Google, managing the complete funnel from awareness to conversion to retention and all the tactics/strategies in between. You have experience building or leading the design of sales landers and funnels that capture new customers and maximize AOV with cross-selling, upselling and post-checkout upsells. You have experience managing or running email marketing campaigns directly, including auto-responders with event and segment driven work-flows, and implementing UTM strategies for proper tagging, analysis and optimization of campaigns.
On a granular level we’re looking for:
- 5+ years running Google search and Facebook paid, eCommerce-based campaigns
- 2+ years experience running or managing email campaigns/strategies
- 2+ years experience running or managing affiliates/influencers marketing
- 2+ years of manager experience
- 2+ years experience with most of the Nathan James stack
For this role we do require that your normal workday has at least 4 hours overlap with the Montreal workday (currently UTC-5) without impinging on your personal/family life.
This is a remote role, since we are a remote company! You’re free to work where you work best. Effective writing, self-discipline, and comfort with open communication is especially critical in a remote environment.
BENEFITS & PERKS:
We offer competitive salaries, for a similar role in the country you will be working from.
You’ll hear from us about advancement to a short introduction call and then on to a work sample, where you’ll get a chance to see the types of challenges you would be solving in this role.
We appreciate your consideration in having Nathan James be part of your career.